Job ID: 212606
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Assembly Technician
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, self-starter System Assembly Technician to join our team in Sterling, Virginia for SAIC.
The candidate will be responsible for the construction of modular electronic systems utilizing commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware and configuration using COTS and proprietary software. The candidate will have experience in the electronic and / or mechanical assembly process. The candidate will be required to work in an environment where teamwork and individual collaboration is essential to success.
• Follow technical instructions, interpret engineering blueprints and technical terms.
• Discern quality of parts and materials used in production.
• Keep inventory of parts and tools used in the assembly process.
• Maintain the highest level of quality control and assurance in the manufacturing process.
• Follow all company guidelines and procedures and observe all safety precautions.
• Contribute to manufacturing improvements and processes using creativity.
• Maintain a well-organized and clean workspace.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient in using power tools such as drills, power saws, and other tools.
• Proficient in using hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, cutters, etc.
• An ability to build electronic systems including wires, screws and electrical components in an enclosure.
• A basic understanding of computer operating systems and networking.
• The ability to operate or basic understanding or soldering techniques with experience.
• Experience in working with cable, wire and termination technologies.
• A basic understanding of simple test equipment such as multi-meters and cable testers.
• Create and interpret technical documentation.
• Associate’s Degree and 6 years of experience, or equivalent education and experience.
Skills and Qualifications a plus:
• A fundamental knowledge of electronic theory.
• Excellent computer skills in installing, configuring, and running operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
• Very skilled in soldering techniques and possesses the knowledge of soldering standards.
• Skilled in the machining and manipulation of metal, plastics, and composites.
Must be able to obtain a US Customs Public Trust clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.