Job ID: 212605
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Hardware/Electrical Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA to begin an exciting, fulfilling and challenging career with SAIC.
Responsible for designing, developing, and testing computer hardware, including computer systems, circuit boards, power supplies and other peripherals. Build systems to fit within specified and varied size requirements. Supervises the manufacturing, production, and installation of the parts.
• Design and oversee the production of computer hardware equipment.
• Test and re-test parts to ensure they work properly.
• Identify and isolate defects through logical troubleshooting.
• Deconstruct existing systems for parts analysis and repair.
• Build computer hardware models with COTS parts for testing and development in extreme temperature environment.
• Work with metal, plastics, and composites.
• Proficient at measuring, using drills, cutters and other workbench power tools in performance of duties.
• Equipment housing and mounting design and prototyping
• Electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering experience helpful
• Design and test circuits and other electronic components.
• Test work and refine processes.
• Integrate components into the final design.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
• Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
• Create Bill of Materials (BOM)
• Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
• Generate specifications for parts.
• Control the efficiency of processes.
• Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
• Build, test and modify product prototypes.
• Soldering and circuit board rework experience a plus.
• Analyze information and recommend appropriate hardware to users.
• Design support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
• Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
• Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities.
• 10-20% travel required
• Radio Frequency (RF) knowledge a plus
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Education and Experience:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.