SAIC is currently seeking a PC Support Manager to support efforts in Huntsville, AL.
A PC Support Manager is responsible for performing tasks which require touching the desktop. Given that this position physically interfaces with the customer, a professional, courteous demeanor is required in all circumstances.
A PC Support Manager must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette. Above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Must be decisive, conscientious and interact well in a team environment or training capacity. Have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures. Must demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision. Must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment. Must provide a high level of interfacing with co-workers and communicate effectively with the clients, IT personnel and management.
- Provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, on-line systems and in person.
- Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements at a moment’s notice, sometimes in very stressful situations
- Serve as a liaison with organization leadership for technology-related issues, guidance and questions
- Provide desk-side information technology support to U.S. Army war-fighter customers/users at a military installation
- Provide professional and prompt responses to users for problem resolution, in person, verbally and in writing.
- Must correspond professionally and promptly with co-workers and supervisors, in person, verbally and in writing
- Must be able to interface with individuals and military/civilian professionals at all levels of the organization
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to work independently
A Help Desk Support Services Specialist’s main technology emphasis should be to:
- Configure and install PCs, network printing devices, peripherals and software, including physical attachment of equipment to network
- Install and maintain peripheral equipment such as printers, modems, scanners, etc.
- Familiarity and expertise in various operating systems.
- Familiarity and expertise in mobile devices (blackberries, Apple IOS, Android, etc.)
- Familiarity and expertise in business applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe products and/or customer-defined/Army application suites.
- Install, configure and maintain network applications and application distribution systems
- Ensure system security in compliance with customer policy including virus protection
- Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines
- Utilize tools sets such as Active Directory, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Operate audio/visual equipment such as Video Teleconferencing devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
- Maintain skill set required to do job
- Maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry, researching and testing to determine how they could be implemented within the organization.
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
- Awareness of Army compliance requirements, such as AR 25-2, Security Technical Information Guidelines, and RMF process.
- Update systems with IAVA updates and anti-virus updates
- Activities will be directed, monitored, outlined and supervised by a Project Lead.
- Works independently on recurring projects and assigned tasks.
- Serves as liaison with PEO and PMO leadership.
- Serve as liaison/coordinator for organization moves/relocations, equipment refreshes, and organization projects.
- Assist team members with solving high-level technical issues, providing guidance and assistance as needed.
- A PC Support Manager is responsible for training junior technicians in troubleshooting/repair/maintenance of PC hardware, troubleshooting/installing software on PCs, and use and maintenance of PC operating systems.
- A PC Support Manager serves as a leader, providing guidance and coaching/training resources to improve customer support techniques. Often they will research, administer and support new technologies in the IT arena per customer requirements.
- A PC Support Manager will have strong working knowledge of desktop operating systems, office applications, hardware, installation/troubleshooting and knowledge of network operating systems and hardware.
- A PC Support Manager plans and implements projects such as migrations, upgrades, and implementation of new technologies.
- A PC Support Manager should be able to resolve the most complicated technical issues, rarely needing advice and/or expertise from a higher-level technician.
- Preferred education/experience – Six years relevant experience OR 4 years relevant experience and an Associate’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field.
- Required training – CompTIA Security+ certification earned before 2011 with enrollment in their Continuing Education program OR a CompTIA Security+ certification earned on or after 1 January 2011 with automatic enrollment in their Continuing Education program AND at least one additional related computing environment (desktop OS) certification. Examples: MCITP (Enterprise Desktop Support Technician), A+, MCDST, MCP or HDI Desktop Support Technician
Criticality of Attendance:
Consistent attendance is critical. A typical work week runs from Monday-Friday and daily work hours range from 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM. This will occasionally vary due to 24/7 coverage for emergencies (rare but possible) and infrequent Overtime requirements. Being prompt is extremely important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service.
Must possess and active SECRET clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability