SAIC has an opening for an Information Technology Infrastructure Installer with experience in installing copper CAT5/6 and fiber optic cabling in an Office and Data Center environment supporting the NCCIPSv2 Contract. The National Center for Critical Information Processing and Storage (NCCIPS) is a federal shared services facility, managed by the NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC). NCCIPS provides facilities support to meet the requirements of multiple federal agency data centers and manages those relationships via Interagency Agreements. NCCIPS is a 200,000 sq. ft. secure facility situated on a 64 acre campus within NASA Stennis Space Center in southern Mississippi. This position is an on-site position located at Stennis Space Center, Mississippi.
Detailed Job Description for the Position:
- The candidate will be responsible for management and installation of all layer 1 network infrastructure required to support the daily operations of the customers throughout the Data Center.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the internal network infrastructure and network security for the internal facility isolated networks supporting core Data Center functions across the campus.
- The candidate will be responsible for installation and termination of network infrastructure cabling to include horizontal copper cabling to and from offices and within a raised floor data center environment, fiber optic cabling installations of pre-terminated fiber cabling within a raised floor data center environment, and management/upkeep of respective infrastructure and associated patch cables between various infrastructure points throughout the facility.
- Teleworking is only authorized on rare occasions with prior approval and coordination with Department Manager. This is an on-site position with flexible schedule options.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Basic experience and understanding of Network Infrastructure Experience to include installation and termination of Copper CAT 5/5e/6 Cabling (RJ45, RJ11).
- Basic experience and understanding of Fiber Optic Cabling (excluding termination) to include installation of pre-terminated fiber optic cabling with MTP or LC connectors as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent facilitation skills, and the ability to lead brainstorming sessions
- Capabilities and understanding to follow processes and procedures, while also completing required paperwork and requirements as necessary to complete the job.
- The candidate must be an independent worker who demonstrates knowledge of the application of information technology to the business processes of the company.
- The candidate must demonstrate a basic understanding of network infrastructure and topology capabilities.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field is recommended but not required
- 2+ years of experience working in a Data Center Facility or experience with cabling requirements associated with Network Infrastructure installations in a similar facility.
- Prior experience should include similar duties and responsibilities that are specified in the job description.
- Experience with SCADA and/or Building automation Systems (BAS) System implementations at a similar facility.
- Experience with Electrical Infrastructure implementation at a similar facility.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Interim Secret clearance prior to employment. Continued employment is contingent that the employee obtains and maintains a full Secret clearance within a reasonable amount of time.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.