SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team in support of working taking place in California, MD for the US Navy.
Note: This position is temporarily a remote/ virtual / work from home position due to COVID-19, but will ultimately be required be onsite in California, MD once restrictions are lifted for this location.
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers in support of the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Logistics Information Technology (LOG IT) project which is focused on improving aviation logistics through data-driven initiatives.
- Coordinates, directs, and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Assists with LOG IT portfolio software product sustainment initiatives, provides support of Portable Electronic Maintenance Aid (PEMA) system administrative maintenance with latest software and technical publications, hard drive disk build and delivery of sanitized Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) releases, as well as other LOG IT managed assets.
- Coordinating IT and service support status inputs for presentations to project leadership via telecons and meetings, user account requests, updates, and account administrative support to the Joint Technical Data Integration (JTDI) and Cloud Account for the project, as well as supporting software product updates to the fleet as directed by the customer.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Support the means to track all LOG IT fleet hardware inventory and configuration (i.e. Servers, PEMAs, Disk Dupers, etc.), provide liaison support between field representatives, as well as the LOG IT Lead for fleet issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of Systems Administration experience. 4 additional years of relevant experience shall be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bachelor's degree in a similar field or equivalent combination of IT training and practical IT experience.
- Must be IAT Level II Certified (Security+ CE) – Required prior to start date.
- Experience with configuration of various networking infrastructure, including but not limited to VLAN, PVLAN, and switches
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Experience with providing system administration for Windows 10 and WinServer 2016
- Must have experience working with applying cyber security policy and requirements (e.g. STIG application, SCAP and ACAS scanning)
- Experienced in MS Office tool suite
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- Clearance Requirement: Must possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract and SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.