SAIC is seeking a Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Jr Systems Engineer to join a dynamic engaging team that brings out the best of your technical skills while defending American warfighters. Our highly trained technical team supports the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering Integration and Test (MSEIT) contract in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Support the MILSATCOM Sustainment Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Program Office with the system engineering development and testing for the new GBS TRANSEC modem in support of the Lead Development Test Organization (LDTO), and provide continued system integration engineering and testing through operational testing and trial period.
- Provide a reliable GBS subject matter expert to support the GBS Program Office in identifying GBS sustainment issues and solutions pertaining to equipment obsolescence or changing operational environments.
- Support the GBS Program Manager (PM) with program reporting, internal/external meeting support, authoring and updating technical program documentation, requirements management, system architecture and integration, and test and evaluation.
- Duties will include integration of new hardware/software, systems engineering, communications troubleshooting, evaluating/assessing system modifications for shortfalls or interoperability issues and provide technical assessments with regards to modifications prior to fielding.
- Leads technical discussions - LAN integration, data transmission improvements, test and evaluation, logistics, fielding transition, systems engineering, technical interchange meetings, cybersecurity working groups, etc
- Support cross-program meetings - e.g. Wideband Working Group, DISA Teleport/Gateway meetings, DoD Information Network meetings, etc
- Author and deliver technical documentation including engineering studies, technical white papers, technical procedures, technical requirements, project implementation plans, test plans, and test procedures and test reports
- Review production/sustainment CDRL's and recommend approval/disapproval on a basis of technical evaluation
- Support, draft, and/or maintain program planning products/documents - integrated master schedule, life cycle sustainment plan, product support business case analysis, white papers, briefings, material fielding plan, information support plan, DoDAF diagrams
- Support development of requirement documents - system requirements document (SRD), technical requirements document (TRD), operation requirements document (ORD), concept of operations (CONOPS), DoDAF architecture views, etc
- Provide engineering analysis related to system architecture changes due to current/future policy, industry standards, obsolescence, interface changes, AF 1067's performance improvements and system modification, etc
- Support and provide demonstrations related to internal GBS products or external interfaces
- Support technical aspects of the receive suite (transportable and portable) production and sustainment
- Support, coordinate, manage and provide test engineering expertise to DT/IT/OT - review test plans, test procedures, test data analysis, deficiency reports, etc
- Travel: approximately 15%
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience with DoD/USAF systems engineering
- 5+ years of experience with MILSATCOM/GBS equipment
- 5+ years of experience working with military or DoD civilian clients and managing professional relationships
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Knowledge of DoD mission system sustainment
- Specific experience operating or maintaining GBS Receive Suites, related infrastructure and/or support equipment
- Ability to work in a highly competitive multi-contractor environment
- Must be a motivated, self-starter capable of autonomous on-the-job learning/improvement
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.