SAIC is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Manager on the OMES II contract in support of a NASA customer at Goddard Space Flight Center.
The manufacturing lead will provide technical management, vendor oversight, and manufacturing expertise in support of the fabrication of flight and engineering unit electrical hardware on the contract. The manufacturing lead will also be the main interface with the NASA customer.
Job duties include:
- Work with NASA product design leads (PDLs) and responsible engineers (Res) to understand the electrical manufacturing requirements, schedule, and budget
- Provide expert guidance to PDLs/REs through the manufacturing request process: finalizing documentation, as well as suggesting parts or design updates and improvements based on previous manufacturing experience
- Assist with the procurements of electrical manufacturing components, bare boards, etc.
- Author Manufacturing Work Requests and proceed through quote process with contract subcontractors and/or vendors (in-house and out-of-house). Evaluate quotes for cost and schedule reasonableness, fit with overall project schedule and manufacturing schedule, and provide recommendations or clarifications to the customer as needed on schedule or budget impacts
- Oversee fabrication, work to disposition issues, provide status on fabrication to customer(s), hold necessary check-in meetings and reviews
- Communicate non-conformances to the customer clearly and with an expert recommendation of solution or disposition
- Maintain manufacturing schedule and report schedule regularly to customer(s)
- Prioritize work in all local shops as necessary given updated project priorities and schedules
- Work with other team members (i.e. Quality to close out NCRs, Mechanical for chassis parts, harness lab manager for cabling needed to test, etc.)
- Maintain strong trust-based relationships with customers and vendors
- Report status and issues to SAIC management regularly
- Identify areas for improvement or opportunities for efficiency in manufacturing processes and procedures
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or closely related field with 14+ years of related experience. Master’s degree in electrical engineering strongly preferred.
- Strong expertise in fabrication and assembly of printed circuit boards, harnesses, and other electrical hardware for high-reliabilty applications
- Experience reporting in a clear and concise manner to internal and external management and customers
- Experience in development of new procedures and initiatives to introduce efficiency and streamline processes
- Experience in managing vendors to ensure compliance to quality standards, technical specifications, schedule, and budget
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems and processes
- Experience balancing customer requests with internal policies, procedures, and goals as well as other program requirements
- Possession of a solutions-driven attitude and willingness to work with other team members to find innovative solutions to complex technical and process problems
- Strong proficiency in exercising discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential approaches and solutions to critical problems and determining appropriate resolutions
- Proficiency in recommending deviations from established policies and procedures
- Ability to attend to assignments with only limited direction
- Proficiency in advising management, inside and outside own organization, on system architecture, technical results, or risks
- Ability to obtain/maintain NASA Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) certification (GSFC-SH-ESDCO300 300-PG-8730.6.1A*). English proficiency is required to successfully complete the required training and pass testing (written and/or hands-on) to obtain the certification.
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.