SAIC is Hiring a Senior Linux System Administrator to join our team in Vicksburg, MS.
In support of the Engineering Research and Development Center (ERDC), Team SAIC provides program management and technical support necessary to advance services, capabilities, infrastructure, and technologies. Team SAIC is seeking a Jr. Linux Administrator to support a team of administrators with standard Linux system administration duties at ERDC in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
Perform standard Linux System Administration duties as required to maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems consisting of Linux based application and license servers, virtual machines, and GP/GPU cluster based systems. Coordination with network administrators required. Additional duties are:
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space
- Developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Participating in the installation, integration, acceptance testing, and on-going maintenance of our HPC systems and software environment
- Assisting with forecast resource limitations and provide recommendations for increasing the efficiency of our resources through proper scheduling and load balancing techniques
Required Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma and 9+ years of experience; OR Associates degree and 7+ years of experience; OR Bachelors and 5+ years of experience; OR Masters and 3+ years related experience
- Unix / Linux Systems Administration experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have a current/active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance
- Must have DoD 8570 IAT II Certification compliance – Security + etc prior to start date
- Must be able to obtain Operating Systems certification (Linux+, RedHat, etc) within 30 day to 60 days
- General knowledge of Linux and general Unix operating systems concepts as well as systems administration experience
- Ability to develop and maintain documentation on system administration procedures for routine and complex tasks
- Ability to create and maintain Information Assurance (IA) compliance documentation of the Information System
- May require occasion after hours support and response to emergency situations for problem resolution
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Experience with compiling, installing, and porting software.
- Ability to understand application-scaling issues related to problem resolution, algorithm choice.
- Experience with Storage Architectures: SAN, SAS, FC, SATA, Bandwidth, Performance
- Ability to manage development of appropriate application benchmarks, analyze results and determine optimal configurations for processor type/speed, size of memory/cache, and memory interconnect fabric for customer problem domains.
- Familiar in multi-factor authentication platforms and solutions, and Identity Management such as OpenID, LDAP, and Kerberos.
- Security implementations using multi-factor authentication, PKI, or Kerberos and Unix OS hardening to DoD STIG standards.
- Experience programming or troubleshooting Python code
- Experience with supporting Apache Web Server
- Experience with Zabbix
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Identity Manager
- Experience with BIND DNS
- Experience with Ansible
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.