SAIC is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (MSEIT) team in El Segundo, CA.
The MSEIT contract performs work in support of the Space and Missiles Systems Center Military Satellite Communications Systems Directorate (SMC/MC) in many areas including Information Assurance (IA) and Cybersecurity support. The MILSATCOM portfolio of programs have ongoing needs for IA/Cybersecurity support, to meet the needs of our emerging next-generation protected SATCOM.
- Perform systems engineering activities in the areas of cybersecurity, Assessment & Authorization (A&A), cryptographic System Security Engineering (SSE), and Certification & Accreditation (C&A), in accordance to NIST 800-53 RMF and NSA requirements and regulations
- Define security requirements, architecture, and design for embedded and large-scale, distributed DoD space and ground control systems
- Apply risk management concepts to mitigate vulnerabilities in system security architectures
- Interface with Space Force customer, system stakeholders, and external contractors to coordinate cybersecurity/cryptographic requirements and architecture flow down from the system level to individual elements of the system
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or technical equivalent
- Understanding of the discipline and practice of Systems Engineering throughout the system lifecycle phases of concept, development, production, use, support, and retirement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills; ability to write final-version deliverable technical documents and reports
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- 2+ years of work experience in System Engineering Architecture/Design
- 2+ years of work experience in Information Assurance (IA)/Cyber Security
- Understanding of modern computing architectures including CI/CD, microservices, cloud, and container technologies
- Background in software design
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering with emphasis in IA/Cyber Security
- RMF or DIACAP Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253 RMF Analysis and Accreditation
- Network Engineering
- Communications Systems
- Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E)
- Security certification (CISSP)
- TS/SCI clearance
- 5+ years of work experience in IA/Cyber Security
- 5+ years of work experience in System Engineering Architecture/Design
- DoD Space program experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.