SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to join a dynamic engaging team that brings out the best of your technical skills while defending American warfighters. Our highly trained technical team supports the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering Integration and Test (MSEIT) contract in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Provide system engineering and integration expertise in support Air Force Command Post Terminal (AFCPT), Time Distribution Subsystem Pre Processor (TDSPP), Milstar Messaging Application (MMA), Family of Advanced Beyond Line-of-Sight Terminals (FAB-T), Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) networks, various other systems, subsystems and MILSATCOM devices in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Provide government customer with expert-level MILSATCOM systems engineering advisory assistance, including daily engineering consultation in support of MILSATCOM system sustainment activities.
- Support integrated logistics and sustainment tasks, including maintenance planning, requirements development and tracing, engineering design and analysis, and performance predictions.
- Evaluate and produce products of a technical nature using technical rigor, adequacy, completeness, and appropriate application of the specialty engineering disciplines as standard process.
- Assist with technology readiness assessments; identify risks and issues with proposed technologies.
- Support waiver, deviation and deficiency reviews, system allocations, and compliance assessments.
- Support systems engineering requirements analysis activities and derive logistics design constraints.
- Assess and select/tailor logistics related standards and assist in defining logistics requirements and determining solutions in the trade space of available logistics elements.
- Provide technical input in development of training systems, manuals and materials, reliability centered maintenance concepts, and level of repair analyses.
- Conduct systems engineering trade activities and ensure integrated logistic support factors are applied.
- Assist in development of performance-based logistics as a strategy for cost-effective system support.
- Conduct modernization planning activities, including development, usage, data collection, modification, interoperability, integration, analysis, maintenance and documentation.
- Conduct system/enterprise level engineering analysis to identify sustainment problem areas; provide impact analysis, forecast potential failures, and present options with potential to mitigate these problems.
- Perform engineering analysis on organizational technical processes; suggest process improvements that increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of operations as required.
- Formulate information relevant to organization's sustainment objectives and perform engineering analysis and system level assessments for decision support at various meetings and sustainment forums.
- Perform studies and analyses of air, surface, and space missions to assess integration, system of systems factors, system vulnerability and survivability, system commonality, new technologies, enhancements, commercialization, cost effectiveness, and mission assurance.
- Travel: approximately 10%
For information about SAIC’s benefits, please visit https://jobs.saic.com/pages/employee-benefits
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) degree from accredited institution.
- Knowledge of DoD mission system sustainment.
- 5+ years of experience working with military or DoD civilian clients and managing professional relationships.
- 5+ years of experience with working in a highly competitive multi-contractor environment.
- 5+ years of experience in architecture/requirements definition/analysis, acquisition strategy, engineering/design, fielding/integration, and verification or analysis using engineering applications for SATCOM systems.
- 5+ years of experience with DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF).
- 5+ years of relevant systems engineering experience.
- 5+ years of relevant systems integration experience.
- A SECRET security clearance is required.
- MS in engineering with specialization in Communications systems.
- Systems engineering certifications, such as CSEP, ESEP, OCSMP.
- 5+ years of experience related to the following: AFCPT, TDSPP, MMA, FAB-T, NC3, cryptographic equipment (e.g., KIV-7M, ANDVT, KGV-11, KG-250), or related infrastructure and/or support equipment.
- 2+ years of experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools.
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.