SAIC is seeking a Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Systems Engineer to join a dynamic engaging team that brings out the best of your technical skills while defending American warfighters. Our highly trained technical team supports the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering Integration and Test (MSEIT) contract in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Support the MILSATCOM Sustainment Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Program Office with the system engineering development and testing for the new GBS TRANSEC modem, and provide continued system integration engineering and testing through operational testing and trial period.
- Provide a reliable GBS subject matter expert to support the GBS Program Office in identifying GBS sustainment issues and solutions pertaining to equipment obsolescence or changing operational environments.
- Support the GBS Program Manager (PM) with program reporting, internal/external meeting support, authoring and updating technical program documentation, requirements management, system architecture and integration, and test and evaluation.
- Integration of new hardware/software, systems engineering, communications troubleshooting, evaluating/assessing system modifications for shortfalls or interoperability issues and provide technical assessments with regards to modifications prior to fielding.
- Leads technical discussions - systems engineering, systems architecture, data transmission, troubleshooting, test and evaluation, logistics, fielding transition, cybersecurity working groups, etc
- Support cross-program meetings - e.g. Wideband Working Group, DISA Teleport/Gateway meetings, DoD Information Network meetings, etc
- Support, draft, and/or maintain key technical products/documents - system engineering plan, cybersecurity strategy, authority to operate package, plan of action and milestones
- Support development of requirement documents - system requirements document (SRD), technical requirements document (TRD), operation requirements document (ORD), concept of operations (CONOPS), etc
- Provide engineering analysis related to system architecture changes due to current/future policy, industry standards, obsolescence, interface changes, AF 1067's performance improvements and system modification, etc
- Support and provide demonstrations related to internal GBS products or external interfaces
- Support technical aspects of the receive suite (transportable and portable) production and sustainment
- Support, coordinate, manage and provide test engineering expertise to DT/IT/OT - review test plans, test procedures, test data analysis, deficiency reports, etc
- Travel: approximately 15%
For information about SAIC’s benefits, please visit https://jobs.saic.com/pages/employee-benefits
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience with DoD/USAF systems engineering
- 5+ years of experience with MILSATCOM equipment
- 10+ years of experience working with military or DoD civilian clients and managing professional relationships
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance are required for the position
- Knowledge of DoD mission system sustainment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Specific experience operating or maintaining GBS Receive Suites, related infrastructure and/or support equipment
- Radio frequency engineering or network engineering experience
- Systems engineering certifications, such as CSEP, ESEP, OCSMP
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.