In support of the EPA’s EUS program this position will execute leadership accountability for the achievement of EUS goals through the effective strategic enterprise leadership of information & data services, data analytics, and security technologies to achieve EPA’s Mission, Vision, and goals. Assesses enterprise needs to support the organization with reliable, cost effective, and productive solutions to build efficiency and support a modernized approach to service delivery. This position is accountable for the development and execution of strategic plans. Collaborates in overall administration of the organization by contributing to developing and implementing overall plans, policies, and programs. This position is responsible for managing and supporting the design, administration, execution, and updates of the deployment strategy and roadmap in order to implement and/or mature IT services.
The successful candidate must have deep technical knowledge and demonstrated working experience in
 efficient and effective software asset and configuration management processes,  ensuring the integrity between business requirements and configuration items,  understanding of security systems and their integration with ITSM systems and multi-platform management, and  how to improve overall service performance and optimize the costs and risks caused by poorly managed assets. Serves as a senior consultant to customer’s IT management executives and staff to provide expert technical advice and guidance based on industry best practices.
This is position is 100% work from home (remote).
- Provides vision and leadership to the development, implementation and maintenance of the overall information systems and technology architecture supporting EUS security and supporting systems (i.e. ServiceNow, Flexera Data Platform, CDM) to define and maintain the perspective, position, plans and patterns that EUS needs to be able to execute to meet EPA's IT outcomes through integration on the ServiceNow Platform (ITSM, ITBM, ITOM and SAM).
- Evaluate technical trends and provide recommendations for technology and architecture to meet the CDM program objectives for the government review and acceptance.
- Identify and/or recommend products, tools or technologies which will expand the CDM capability base for Data Protection and any future capabilities.
- As necessary, interface with agency stakeholders to provide focused support and artifact development to produce comprehensive and effective RFSs.
- Support CDM Program future capabilities and address changes in technology.
- As a member of the senior management team, drives the planning, implementation, and maintenance of configuration management plans, processes, and standards to all stakeholders.
- Facilitates the negotiation of the scope of IT processes in collaboration with governing bodies, process owners, and IT business stakeholders.
- Leads the direction and implementation of strategic information & data services, data analytics, and security technology initiatives, in partnership with key outside vendors and internal business units.
- Oversees the development of features integrated into the EITSM tool (ServiceNow) to foster efficient and effective IT operations for all delivered services.
- Manages the technical staff and the integration/deployment of the team responsible for maintaining the ITSM Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and execution and improvement of all associated processes.
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs. enhancements. Responsible for defining the structure of the configuration management system.
- Coordinating interfaces and ensuring that configuration data is available when and where it is needed to support other service management processes.
- Drives improvement to the processes by working with Government stakeholders, external organizations, and internal teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes.
- Oversees the analysis of data to aggregate multiple data inputs and put assets into context to identify vulnerabilities and potential gaps. Coordinates asset data interfaces and ensuring that configuration data is available when and where it is needed to support other service management processes.
- Supports advanced analysis requests and develops insights using hands-on work with IT Asset Management and Visualization tools including Flexera/BDNA, ForeScout, Tenable and ServiceNow.
- Provide product adoption analyses in support of new or enhanced products as it relates to ITSM.
- Supports the implementation of security, planning and reporting tools.
- Supports managing services in supported environments, achieving effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery and support of services to ensure value for the customer, the users and the service provider and how to maintain stability, allowing for changes in design, scale, scope and service levels. Processes are all cross-functional across the Service Lifecycle.
- Other ad hoc responsibilities in support of End User Services.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors in software engineering, Computer Science, IT management or related field and 10 years of experience supporting government IT and cybersecurity and at least 8 years experience managing large, complex projects in a task order/contract environment; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- Demonstrated ability establishing working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with government officials and program office stakeholders
- Ability to work with highly technical teams across diverse technical disciplines (development, engineering, documentation, policies, etc.)
- Experience with Cyber Compliance programs and FISMA.
- Strong understanding of federal CISO responsibilities.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Project Management Institute
- ITIL V4
- Security Certification or equivalent certifying agency certification (ex. CISSP, CEH, CISA, ect.)
Target salary range: $145,001 - $155,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.