SAIC is seeking a Vice President of Proposal Operations. This person will be a key member of the leadership team in our Business Operations organization. The VP of Proposal Operations will be responsible for leading, managing and evolving SAIC’s capability to deliver winning proposals. He/she will work with leaders across the SAIC enterprise to ensure our Proposal Development Center, in conjunction with sales teams, delivers winning proposals and that Center capabilities evolve to meet strategic objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the team responsible for developing and producing proposals in support of SAIC’s business objectives. Activities include proposal management, writing, production, etc.
- Manage the overall proposal center capability – people, processes and tools – in order to deliver excellence in our submitted products. This includes compliance, scoring, efficiency and customer experience, etc.
- Evolve the proposal center capability to improve all elements of delivery and to enable success in new business objectives and to support new operating models.
- Lead initiatives to ensure the continued development of staff within the Center.
- Evolve standards and metrics for development and management of Center activities.
- Collaborate with line sales leaders to plan required capacity and capability needs and to build short and long term demand forecasts.
- Develop and manage annual financial operating plans for Center.
- Coach center staff, BD/capture and line personnel in proposal development best practices.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant field of study.
- 10+ years of experience and proven track record of success in leading a center supporting an enterprise of at least $3B annual revenue with at least $10B in annual proposal submittals supported by a team of at least 50 employees.
- Demonstrated success supporting strategic, complex captures for government technology proposals ranging in size (up to multi-billion dollar values), scope (emerging concepts and technologies), and vehicles (e.g., schedules, OTAs, managed services).
- 10+ years of relevant experience working within federal, state and local and commercial domains
- 10+ years managing senior personnel and teams. Proven track record in mentoring and teaching proposal skills and applying best practices.
- Proven ability to apply organizational design/development/change management methods to transform the organization and upskill the team
- Working knowledge of Federal business acquisition process and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it relates to industry standard proposal development processes (e.g., Shipley).
- Position is located in the Reston, VA area.
- Occasion travel required.
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance desirable. Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.