SAIC is looking for a Mandarin Senior Linguist and Cultural Expert, working with a diverse team of analysts, linguists, cultural experts, and operations officers, focused on creating and recognizing targeting opportunities and strategies. This position will require interaction with a wide variety of Government and contractor personnel – ability to operate in a diverse, evolving, and high profile environment is key. This position will be at Ft. Gordon in GA.
- Responsible for Mandarin language and cultural expertise, operating in a virtual environment; primarily using mix of Mandarin and English in-language reading and writing skills
- Navigates social media, open source and relevant forums/websites in Mandarin
- Utilizes language, cultural, and historical knowledge to combat international events within relevant functional area.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of desktop applications and internet-based research skills with the ability to effectively use internet search tools, and advanced research methods
- Identifies and reports potential targets and trends
- Assists intelligence and analysis operations
- Produces incident, threat, and information report
Education and Experience:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Working knowledge of popular, legacy, and new social media, forums, messaging services, blog sites, and mobile applications
- Knowledgeable of idioms, colloquialisms, slang, and have a sophisticated understanding of the cultural, social, and political environment
- Minimum DLPT 3/3/2/2 or Equivalent (ILS, ILR, ALTA) in Mandarin
- At least 5-7 years of experience within the US military or US intelligence community
- Preparing Information Reports with excellent writing and briefing skills (in English)
- Ability to execute multiple tasks and ongoing projects while ensuring compliance with applicable policies, and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Willing to work outside normal business hours
Desired Certifications & Skills:
- Former Military linguistic experience (35P, 09L, 1N3, 2671, 2712, 2799, or equivalent)
- Knowledge of military operations, terminology, and structure
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.