SAIC is seeking a Policy Analyst, located in Fort Belvoir, VA. Assist DTRA Plans and Exercise Department with the execution of their daily duties.
- Analyze and provide comments and recommendations in support of Combatant Commands (CCMDs) on strategic issues & objectives, and identify, develop & sequence cross-government and partner Operations, Activities and Investments (OAIs).
- Assist leadership in developing agency-wide integrated approaches to potential threats that are informed by great power competition.
- Assist leadership in the support US. Special Operations Command who is the Department of Defense coordinating authority for Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction.
- Assist in coordination with CCMD POCs and subject matter experts in support of the Plans and Exercises (PLEX) Department missions.
- Coordinate/arrange facility requirements in support of the PLEX Department.
- Perform administrative activities to include parking, security requirements, agendas, schedules, and printing, setting up meeting rooms, and registration.
- Coordinate foreign and VIP visits to the DTRA HQ complex.
- Analyze and provide comments and recommendations for DTRA, OSD, DoD, Joint Staff, and combatant command doctrine, and contingency and theater campaign plans.
- Provide administrative/functional support to DTRA Liaison Officer/Assistant Liaison Officer training operating from remote locations, as needed.
- Provide information papers addressing specific policy issues impacting Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction operations.
- Assist with the staffing/completion of routine taskers and staffing actions.
- May conduct CONUS and OCONUS travel in support of command supported exercises and activities. (<10%)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience, Masters and one (1) year of experience
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Software, to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point) and Microsoft Outlook.
- Security Clearance: Current Secret. Able to obtain TS/SCI.
- Knowledge of the U.S. Combatant Commands.
- U.S. Military experience.
- Knowledge of aspects of countering weapons of mass destruction (CWMD).
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with a diverse client base.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve in a time-constrained environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.