SAIC is seeking a Commercial Contracts Manager to join our team! This position will be worked remotely. The SAIC Contracts Team manages the contracting process from development of contracting strategies through execution of agreements. The Contracts Manager should have deep commercial marketplace expertise and serve as a strategic thought partner to key stakeholders across SAIC to support its organic growth strategies. The position requires knowledge of commercial services and product sales, including thru FAR-based contracts.
Primarily accountable for consistently and effectively:
- Utilizing depth and breadth of contracting and negotiation knowledge to develop and communicate contract execution strategies which could span multiple customers.
- Designing and implementing negotiation strategies for the terms and conditions in managed services contracts. Developing relationships and strategies to optimize SAIC’s interests, mitigate business and financial risk.
- Influencing and educating various internal business partners on contracting strategies, marketplace dynamics, and customer insights.
- Sharing perspectives and insights to elevate team thinking and drive a balanced, holistic point of view; effectively weighing and communicating trade-off considerations.
This hands on and influential role offers the unique chance to shape and lead the delivery of professional contract management services in one of our most strategic accounts using and deploying industry-leading contract management practices to aide our customers in shifting to a commercial marketplace.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
- Organizational agility and interpersonal skills - Builds and maintains partnerships within and outside one’s functional team
- Strategic agility – Links responsibilities with the mission of the organization; focuses on activities that add the most value
- Decision making – Thinks through problems clearly and logically; is decisive
- Technical and business expertise – Applies emerging knowledge and trends; builds strong relationships; contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area
- Communication – Listens well; expresses ideas fluently and logically; is open to input and can be depended on for truthfulness
- Teamwork and collaboration – Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust; collaborates; offers support and encouragement
- Achieving results – Is goal-directed and persistent; is accountable for meeting commitments; recognizes the contributions of peers
- Innovation - Breaks down traditional barriers to find creative solutions; the ability to think outside the box to develop new ways of contracting and partnering with customers
Educational requirements / years of expereince
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or other related Graduate-level degree is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Contract & Commercial background, preferably in Information Technology Outsourcing business (e.g. Managed Services)
Minimum Required Skills & Abilities
- Contract & Commercial background in Information Technology Outsourcing business (e.g. Managed Services, ITO) with expertise in proactive contract management
- Background in selling commercial services to US Federal Government
- Strong commercial acumen and innovative
- Assertive, proactive, hands-on, persuasive
- Business focus, solution and problem solving oriented, and ability to assess contractual topics in ways to improve productivity
- Strong written correspondence skills
- Ability to synthesize complex legal & contractual topics and communicate to internal (or external) collaborators with different backgrounds and disciplines
- Experience in contract risks management and negotiations
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook)
- Ability to forge and maintain good relationships both internally and with the customer and able to work well as part of a team but also independently
- Deliver on commitments: be reliable, highly organized and structured, risk sensitive, agile and creative.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle a fluctuating workload and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically influence and motivate customers and employees at all levels
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.