Job ID: 211988
Location: FORT BELVOIR, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Bus Proc Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Junior Technical Editor. Candidate will work in the Front Office of the Research and Development Directorate (RD), Defense Threat Reduction Agency. The work performed directly supports the Directorate leadership, including the RD Director, RD Deputy Director, Chief Scientist, and RD staff.
The work is both important and highly visible, frequently high tempo, and has little tolerance for error.
The incumbent in this position is responsible, together with other executive support staff, with managing, editing, providing quality control, and executing official correspondence and package coordination, including all supporting documents and attachments for DTRA RD.
In addition, the incumbent will assist in preparation for the Deputy Director’s weekly Front Office Synchronization meeting, weekly A&AS team meetings, and periodic Directorate all-hands, other meetings, as necessary.
1) Review and edit documents and briefings, including recurring reports, to comply with standards, formats, and templates, and to ensure accurate content, appropriate tone, proper routing for concurrence and approval, and completeness of all supporting documentation. Staffing packages include, but are not limited to: tasker responses, award nominations, professional development nomination and request packages, and support agreements.
2) As the Directorate expert in these matters, provide guidance and instruction to members of the RD Staff and supporting contractors to help minimize rework due to improperly prepared correspondence and staffing packages. This requires extensive coordination with correspondence/package initiators and those involved in routing to streamline workflow and shorten processing timelines.
3) As the Directorate POC for package preparation and coordination, provide information about the package, including background, purpose, prior coordination, source of material and contents of attachments, to other DTRA offices involved in review and approval of RD staffing packages and to provide status updates and summary statistics regarding RD packages.
4) Participate in Directorate and Agency-level working groups and teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Agency staffing, including regulations and guidance, manuals, standards, templates, and processes.
5) Contribute to the strategic communications efforts of the customer by drafting and editing written products that consistently reflect the overarching messages the customer intends to deliver to recipients of the products. These messages should be woven into or reflected by the products identified above, or be delivered in written products specifically developed for this purpose. The incumbent will also participate in RD-directed strategic communication activities and working groups.
8) Assist in preparation and execution of periodic RD All Hands meetings.
9) Coordinate with RD Departments and other Agency Directorates as required.
10) Maintain rosters and other Directorate lists and organizational materials, provide planning and logistical support for Directorate activities, and other related duties as assigned.
11) Assist the Senior Technical Editor as necessary and fill in for Senior Technical Editor when absent; perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Must possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, such as communications, journalism, or technical writing.
Must possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a writer and/or editor.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office application, especially MS Word.
Must have strong interpersonal and spoken/written communication skills.
Must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment, the ability to work under pressure, multi-task, complete work on tight timelines, and to prioritize efforts based upon multiple factors (process deadlines, emergent requirements, relative importance, etc.)
Must possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
Education & Experience:
An advanced degree in a relevant area, such as communications, journalism, or technical writing
Prior experience as a journalist, staff officer, correspondence manager, or production of commercial or government communications materials is desirable
Security Clearance: Possession of a current DoD Top SECRET or higher clearance is desirable
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.