SAIC has an opportunity for a Service Desk Agent Level 1 role in Durham, NC to support EPA.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- The Service Desk Agent Level 1 will take phone calls regarding general questions, remote, password, mobile, outlook and security.
- The Service Desk agent will answer service desk calls from EPA end users and work to resolve their issues.
- The service agent has to be able to remotely troubleshoot user issues and determine what is assistance is needed.
- If unable to assist, document issue and steps taken to resolve before correctly routing to local support or specific group.
- While assisting with password issues, it is important to verify personnel information and employment.
- Coaching and development is provided for customer service skills and consistency in handling user issues.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification. 2+ years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must be able to obtain, and maintain EPA Public Trust clearance.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- A+, Net+, or Security+ preferred
- Excellent customer service experience and acumen.
- Minimum 1 year of technical support experience in a call center environment.
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex.
- Technical issues via telephone, email, and chat.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work well with all teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment.
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory Environment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.