Job ID: 212129
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Svcs
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Online Support Desk Manager to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Oversees junior staff assigned to help desk activities. Needs to have experience supporting Federal Government. Communicates with customers calling for support on FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) policies and/or support with FERC e-Library system. Needs to become very familiar with FERC's policies and guidelines and have experience in customer support utilizing practical knowledge of organization’s systems, applications, regulations, and best practices. Experience supporting document/records management system is preferred.
• Manages the FERC Online Support Desk, routing all incidents and resolving business requests pertaining to FERC Online business applications, and in accordance with the eLibrary Help Desk SOP.
• Produces a Monthly FERC Online Support Desk Performance and Trend Analysis Report, to include Mitigation Recommendations.
• Manages the FERC Online Support Desk during the Standard Business Hours (as established in X. BUSINESS HOURS). Responds to Support Desk Calls and initiates Incidents in the FERC IT Service Management (ITSM) as appropriate.
• Assigns Incident priority and define Incident types. Populates all fields in an Incident to allow for in-depth Trend analysis, including, but not limited to Related System/Application, Date Opened, Caller, etc.
• Routes any technical Incidents received to the IT Service Desk. Ensures other non-FERC Online requests are properly routed to the appropriate Support Organizations
• Attempts first resolution of any business Incidents, utilizing provided scripts, Knowledge Based Articles (KBAs), etc. Reference KBAs where appropriate prior to escalation
• Escalate all Business Incidents where unable to resolve
• Provides warm handoff escalation of incidents that cannot be addressed by the initial contact
• Updates Incidents in the ITSM tool with all progress made towards resolution. Resolves and Closes when appropriate
• Provides follow-ups on FERC-internal ‘Resolved’ tickets to obtain User concurrence of satisfactory remediation ahead of Incident closure, and report customer satisfaction
• Identifies and analyzes FERC Online Support Desk trends and develop mitigating strategies to reduce frequency of incidents
• Monitors FERC Online Support Desk Incident Response workflows, processes and queues to identify and mitigate Support Desk performance issues
• Maintains a FERC Online KBA repository for rapid resolution of previously identified and resolved Incidents
• Collects KBA inputs from Support Desk Tiers and Program Office(s) for the update of existing KBAs and the creation of new KBAs. Provides data on call volumes to program leads on a weekly basis and as requested. Data to be collected includes the following:
• Escalates all business Incidents to the FERC Program Office where unable to resolve or where appropriate
Upon request, provide inputs for stakeholder communications (internal and external) and trainings
• Monthly FERC Online Support Desk Performance and Trend Analysis Report, to include Mitigation Recommendations
• Updated FERC Online Knowledge Based Articles
• Needs to become very familiar with FERC's policies and guidelines.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience or equivalent
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.