SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator for a multi-year contract supporting our Joint Staff J6 government customer. The ideal candidate will have experience on a Joint, Service or combatant command operational staff providing design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting functions for physical and virtual information systems and web-based applications
This position is at the Joint Staff Complex, Suffolk, VA. The position supports the JS J6 Deputy Director for Cyber, and Command, Control, Communications and Computers Integration (DD C5I) in the Cyber, Engineering and Operations Division. Work would be on-site at the Suffolk, VA location. Travel would be approximately 10% supporting exercises and assessments..
- Implement and manage Microsoft operating systems, services, applications, and roles (Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Exchange, file and print services, Office, etc.) in a VMWare ESXi virtual environment (VMWare 6.x and VMWare Horizon 6.x) using DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide checklists.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and federate Windows Services, such as DNS (Domain Name Services), DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), DFS (Distributed File Server), ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services), ADCS (Active Directory Certificate Services), KMS (Key Management Services), WDS (Windows Deployment Services), BranchCache, and Internet Information Service (IIS).
- Implement DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements and maintain systems in accordance with requirements of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Deploy system updates and patches, to both GIG-connected and isolated networks, utilizing Microsoft Windows Software Update Services (WSUS).
- Conduct daily system maintenance activities including log reviews and connectivity checks to maintain project infrastructures and systems in a ready-to-use state.
- Use PowerShell to conduct administration and scripting tasks.
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts from and accredited college or university in Computer Science, Communications Technology, or another technically related field and six (6) years of experience working in the C2 technical communications and telecommunications field.
- Must be certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 2 (current baseline security and operating environment certifications).
- The following experience qualifications may be concurrently obtained and must have been obtained within the past eight (8) years.
- Five (5) years' experience working in highspeed communications, communications engineering, teleconferencing, and video teleconferencing procedures using commercial and military communications equipment, techniques, and protocols.
- Three (3) years' experience interfacing computer equipment with Ethernet (wired and wireless / 10M to 10G), Fibre Channel, satellite, ATM, SONET, and T1 and higher conventional and fiber optics circuits.
- Three (3) years' experience working with bridges, hubs, routers, switches, tunneling techniques, trunking modems, multiplexers, and military and commercial encryption devices (hardware and software based).
- Three (3) years' experience integrating, configuring, working in the areas of communication design, installation, and maintenance of local area networks using workstations, servers, gateways, hubs, routers, bridges, ATM switches and other data communications architectures.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance and be eligible for Top Secret
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Experience implementing Windows-based Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in a DoD environment
- Experience deploying and configuring Microsoft SQL in a secure environment utilizing DISA STIG checklists; installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of web applications and applications that leverage SQL database services.
- Experience with NetApp Filer experience, general Storage Area Network technology, Brocade SAN fibre channel fabric switch configuration, or equivalent SAN fabric switch technology.
- Experience deploying and configuring XMPP chat server and clients (OpenFire, Jabber, etc.).
- Experience implementing Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI).
- Experience with DoD cyber operations (USCYBERCOM, Navy Fleet Cyber, etc.).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.