Job ID: 212134
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 24, 2021
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Capture Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Director of Capture Management to focus on Navy and Marine Corps opportunities within SAIC’s Naval Business Unit (NBU). This position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development for the NBU within the Defense & Civilian Sector at SAIC. The Director of Capture Management is responsible for developing capture plans, formulating winning capture strategies, and obtain and manage the resources necessary to prosecute capture plans. This position leads the development of gap analyses, competitive assessments, discriminators, key win themes, price to win, and overall win strategy/value proposition. The Director of Capture Manager serves as the lead architect for external teaming arrangements and team partner roles to include identifying, selecting, and recruiting teammates, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Position requires effective management and leadership of capture teams. Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
• Execute Corporate BD CONOPS and implement SAIC growth culture
• Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with Program Managers -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
• Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
• Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
• Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
• Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
• Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
• Supports developing teaming agreements and strategic alliances
• Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
• Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
• 14 years + experience consistently winning >$100M single award deals
• Experience utilizing Navy MAC IDIQ’s
• BS Degree and 18 years of experience
• Proven track record in winning a variety of technical programs, including pre-proposal and working on industry proposal teams and serving on review teams.
• Past experience in a Capture Manager role or in a lead role on winning procurements
• Strong strategic thinking and decision making skills, to maximize probability of win and define competitive positioning, win strategy, themes and discriminators.
• Strong knowledge of industry participants providing the customer with solutions and high end services support
• Proven ability to evaluate teammates and partners
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with all levels of company and customer management
• Strong analytic, presentation, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage a complex, matrix task and team comprised of personnel who are highly educated and skilled, yet not direct reports
• Ability to gain internal support and to operate independently without supervision
• Ability to establish working relationships with customers, other companies, technical staff, managers and peers
• Demonstrated effective and efficient use of capture and proposal resources (e.g., B&P, IRAD, lead funds, facilities, demos, and line personnel)
• Demonstrated performance conducting various color reviews
• In-depth understanding of growth (capture management and business development) or related business experience in the DoD with focus on Navy and Marine Corps programs.
• In-depth knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
• The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite
• Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices -- demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
• Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment
• Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
• Demonstrated experience capturing large opportunities
• Technical background
• Demonstrated experience implementing unique capture strategies to increase probability of win
• Deep understanding of all facets of effective growth from the initial opportunity identification to inside of the proposal room
• Driven and orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
• The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success.
• Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.