The National Security Group of SAIC is actively hiring a remote Sr. Azure Cloud Engineer with an active Secret clearance to join the US Air Force Cloud One contract.
The Sr. Azure Cloud Engineer is a member of the SAIC Cloud One Operations and Sustainment Dev Sec Team focused on site reliability engineering. This candidate will be part of a team responsible for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One Azure environments.
- Experience with automated configuration management tools, including software such as Ansible, and DSC.
- Working knowledge of automation and orchestration to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment of applications and infrastructure.
- Experience in troubleshooting infrastructure problems and working with a team to resolve large-scale production issues.
- Experience with agile methodologies, performance engineering and automation tools.
- Minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness.
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies.
- Respond to customer incident tickets promptly and maintain regular contact with customers for the duration of the incident.
- Provide technical assistance and training to users and other team members
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline.
- Two (2) or more years of experience providing similar operations and sustainment support for Azure environments.
- In-depth understanding of, and experience with, deployments of various systems to Azure.
- Knowledge of Azure services, including Azure Active Directory, Azure Managed Service Identity, Azure Automation, Azure Functions, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Desired State Config (DSC)Azure Keyvault, Azure App Service.
- Experience working projects that use CI/CD and streamlined DevOps workflows such as Azure Pipelines/TFS, Jenkins.
- Experience with scripting using Windows PowerShell, Shell scripts, Python, or other similar languages
- Experience working on integrated teams requiring high levels of customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and involvement in project planning.
- Experience with DevSecOps, Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
- Experience of design and implementation of IaaS and PaaS solutions executed and repeated in DevOps solution framework and with DevOps tools.
- Security + (or other IAT II equivalent)
- MCSE or MCTS, Azure certifications (AZ 100, AZ 500, and/or other AZ series exams, 346/7 are bonus), Azure Assessments
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.