SAIC is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join one of our programs in Washington D.C.
Engineering, design and configuration of cloud environments (focus on AZURE), LAN/WAN, Software Define Network
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches and leaf/spine architecture including: BGP/iBGP/eBGP, OSPF, MPLS, VRF, VPN tunnels, VLANs, EPGs, Nexus, ACI
- Document network architecture, concept designs, network change implementations plans, and risk assessment.
- Develop training briefs and provide cross-training to team members
- Minimum 8+ years of enterprise network engineering
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skill set with an understanding of system(s) interoperability
- Practical experience supporting IDS/IPS systems; Cisco Firepower/Sourcefire and/or TippingPoint
- Senior level experience supporting routing protocols (BGP, iBGP, OSPF)
- Senior level experience supporting Dynamic Multipoint, virtual private Network (DMVPN).
- Practical experience supporting Cisco ISE
- Practical experience supporting F5 Big-IP (LTM, GTM, APM & ASM)
- Microsoft Visio, Project, and Office experience
- Strong understanding in the OSI & DOD models
- Strong understanding of encryption algorithms
- Strong understanding of NetFlow, SNMP, SPAN, TAPs and ICMP related uses.
- Work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality, flexible, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work individually and with a team
- Must have a positive attitude, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and ability to handle stress in professional manner
- 8+ years of experience with Cisco routers, switches, leaf/spine, F5, Circuits/Ethernet, and IPSEC VPNs
- Experience working with Cisco ISE and 802.1X policies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and effective in interfacing with internal and external customers fostering collaboration and establishing strong partnerships
- Cisco and industry certifications (i.e. Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, AWS Cloud Practitioner, VMware VCP, MS Azure Fundamentals, etc.)
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.