SAIC is looking for an Asset Manager to join a program in Washington D.C.
- Perform, monitor and coordinate physical supply-chain management activities related to the movement and storage of IT hardware, including but not limited to: printers, laptops, desktops, servers, routers, switches, video teleconference technology, wireless devices, VoiP phones, and computer peripherals.
- Support federal property custodians to maintain accurate, up to date end user asset data in the property book and IT asset and configuration management databases and systems for end point computing devices
- Responsible for all asset and inventory reporting using ServiceNow, SharePoint, Excel, Access, PowerBI, and other databases, repositories, and reporting tools.
- Prepare and process all adjustment documents to account for customer property lost, damaged or destroyed, transferred, received, and turned in.
- Maintain and develop SOPs for all asset management functions and services
- Ensure the tracking and maintaining of accurate inventory of assets throughout their life cycle and assist with any IMAC duties.
- Support the development of the Asset Module in government furnished ITSM System
- Attend meetings to provide data and feedback on logistical aspects of planned property actions which may affect operations and business functions.
- Receive, inventory, transfer and dispose of IT assets
- Stocking and the delivery of IT assets to Federal and Contractor staff within the National Capital Region (NCR) and to the end users nationwide.
- Coordinate the monitoring, purchasing, replenishment, shipping, and transferring of inventory at every site across the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of relevant experience or a Bachelors and 1+ years of relevant experience, including leadership experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Must have knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows 7/8/10), Dell PCs and network hardware
- Must be able to work effectively to lead the team in a fast-paced environment. Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem- solving skills
- Must be able to and willing to advance their technical skills
- Must have at least 1-2+ years of technical, asset management, or inventory experience
- Must be able to work with and distribute end point computing (laptop) devices on a daily basis
- Must have experience with or the ability to learn how to use: Inventory Management Systems, ServiceNow Asset Module, Microsoft SCCM, and Altiris.
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Must possess knowledge of asset lifecycles
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.