Job ID: 211573
Location: SILVER SPRING, MD, United States
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a MBSE Systems Engineer who is a current Model-Based Engineering practitioner to support our efforts in Cloud Services for an innovative new weather research program and Earth Prediction Innovation Center (EPIC) at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The position will form part of a team of managers helping NOAA to execute a new approach to improve its Unified Forecast System (UFS) for weather modeling and prediction.
The Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Solutions need SE and MBE methods and creative thinking for a successful program. Solutions may consist of process, tools, and people. Information technology knowledge will be required.
- Exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your Systems Engineering and Model-Based Engineering experiences to transform programs from a document-centric approach to a model-based approach to more effectively support our customers and ensure their mission success.
- Use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Systems Engineering and Integration solutions for use on an individual program(s).
- Learn, apply, and continuously improve the EPIC platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of EPIC solution usage, and enhance our rapidly growing and fully supported model-based engineering culture.
- Engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Systems Engineering work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc.
- Engage with the larger community to stay up-to-date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our SEI capabilities.
- Demonstrated effective communications, presentation, and writing skills are required.
- Demonstrated capability with data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and four (4) years or more experience; Masters and two (2) years or more experience. Demonstrated experience with cloud deployment and computing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.