SAIC is looking for a well-qualified Security Engineer to join an exciting program in Springfield, Virginia. Individual will be responsible for providing systems security support for the protection of information system assets.
- Provide ongoing security oversight of assigned systems
- Manage documentation of security plans and procedures for all assigned systems in adherence to USG information technology security policies and instructions
- Support Assessment and Authorization (A&A) / Risk Management Framework (RMF) for new and existing systems
- Coordinate requirements and deployment of capabilities working with system operations
- Interact professionally with senior-level executives and work on a team or independently, prioritizing and accomplishing assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- Execute and complete rapid turn-around and short-suspense tasks
- Graduate degree with 15+ years experience in IT Security field
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include the following skills:
- Policy interpretation and development,
- Interpretation of Controls and Requirements with the ability to communicate this to system developers, sustainment teams and customer staff
- Experience executing and editing System Security Test Plans (STPs) to accurately and thoroughly assess and document control satisfaction
- Ability to work well with and communicate effectively with others in a team environment
- Ability to work independently to achieve successful project completion with little oversight
- Clearance requirement TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI Poly
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.