SAIC is seeking a Facilities Project Planner Estimator to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
- Provides tactical facilities planning and estimating for the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Crane Division, and Facilities Branch.
- Position interacts with our government customers on a daily basis providing technical support and solutions to complex facility planning problems within a physical portfolio encompassing over 300 facility assets totaling over 3 million square feet.
- Collect and develop tactical facilities project requirements and translating these facility requirements into project scopes, conceptual designs, cost estimates using parametric costing tools, and project schedules.
- Develop floor plans and site plans using computer aided-design (CAD) software.
- Ensure project packages are completed and delivered to the customer on time.
- Responsible for managing a project through development, design, acquisition, and execution.
- Communicating with all stakeholders and US Government customer regarding new and current project status.
- Attend meetings with all stakeholders to collect and provide complete thorough project information.
- Maintain cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep updated information on past performance and industry standards.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Other tasks include interacting with a multi-disciplined technical government customer base, development of planning and budgeting documents, and preparing computer generated presentations. Develop office and/ or laboratory floor plans, layouts, and system furniture designs for a given facility Project requirement.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical degree and 3+ years of related experience required. In lieu of bachelor degree, Associates and 5+ years of related experience.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance. Active Secret Clearance preferred.
- The position requires a comprehensive understanding of the construction estimating process to include a strong background in the construction industry to include commercial experience associated with the following: architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing background.
- This position is challenging and requires fine attention to detail.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, especially when facing project deadlines.
- Have the ability to understand and comprehend blueprints/specifications.
- Be proficient in using computer software to develop project scopes, estimates, schedules, and schematics, to include AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Visio.
- Have the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within the customer organization and with external planning and execution agents.
- Be professional in actions and appearance.
- Have solid organizational skills including detail oriented and multi-tasking skills
- Provide facility planning support for surge tasking, including data collection, analysis, and reporting for space allocation, real property, facility planning, Basic Facility Requirements (BFRs), Form 1391 development, military construction (MILCON) planning, and related tasking.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.