SAIC is seeking an experienced professional to join the National Security Group (NSG). NSG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
SAIC is seeking an experienced senior engineer with technical and practical understanding of RF systems and phenomenology to support advanced technology development and demonstration programs in support of resiliency spanning a diverse set of global threats. The engineer should have specific experience in the design, development, and testing of RF technologies. The technology-oriented engineer should understand both technical and programmatic aspects of fielded and planned future RF technologies, including operational concepts, applied technology, and system architectures, in order to facilitate the demonstration and transition of novel resilient capabilities to operations. The RF engineer should be comfortable working amongst a diverse and energetic team in the pursuit of mission objectives and project success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform research and evaluate new emerging technologies for transition to space systems, and assist in the managing, design, development, and fielding of new engineering demonstration units and technology demonstrations
- Advise the customer on how to coordinate with internal and external community partners to identify technology gaps, design technology development plans, and execute technology projects/programs for successful transition into customer systems
- The engineer shall be responsible for the performance of technical analysis of advanced RF systems, sensors, and associated signal and image processing techniques; high-level technology and CONOP trades for future systems; and system-level analysis of concept using various modeling and simulation tools
- Support field test planning, review, and execution efforts to measure and verify performance of resilient system concepts, studies, and capabilities.
- Understand the impact of technical decisions
- Participate in program readiness and design reviews
- Ensure the R&D efforts are planned and conducted on a sound engineering basis including management of technical risks
- Provide technical support to customer activities and programmatic processes
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief Government and industry as required
- Identify gaps between capabilities and acquisition program needs being conducted by the Government acquisition office customers
- Assist the Government in developing operational concepts (CONOPS), mission threads, and architectures for R&D projects
- Provide support to acquisition, source selection and programmatic processes
- BS in engineering or science discipline related to physics, engineering, or mathematics
- 14 or more years of related experience
- Experience with development of RF technologies for Space Applications
- Experience with the Intelligence Community and/or the Department of Defense
- Superb technical skills and experience related to space hardware, RF sensors and subsystems, and associated signal/image processing methods
- Experience and knowledge related to field testing efforts
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
- Ability to communicate very technical subjects to a diverse audience of senior decision makers with varying levels of technical expertise
- Extensive experience with IC architectures, spacecraft, and payloads
- Active TS/SCI
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.