The Software Packaging Engineer is responsible for the timely packaging, testing, and availability of OpenNet and ClassNet non-baseline software used on the SOE and SOE-A (DAW) platforms via Software Center, PAT, and/or MECM. In addition, the packaging engineer is responsible for ensuring the interoperability of applications on supported Windows 10 platforms used throughout the Department of State.
- Manage the workflow for packaging requests of non-baseline applications deployed on the SOE-D platforms for OpenNet and ClassNet. This duty involves close coordination with application owners to build, test, perform user acceptance, and publish to the Department via PAT, SCCM, Software Center or FTP.
- Perform Application Packaging Scripting (where applicable) in support of Diplomatic Security (DS) Standards to ensure installed software meets specified guidance and customized installation requirements needed to deploy to DOS systems.
- Perform Operating System Deployment (OSD) engineering for Windows 10 platforms (1803,1909, 20H2). These duties include WIM creation, task sequence creation, testing, and publishing in PAT OSD.
- Perform lifecycle application support related for security updates. This duty involves packaging, publishing, performing User Acceptance Testing, and providing Tier 3 support of all software available in the Post Administration Tool (PAT), Software Center, any manual installations available via the FTP sites.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years experience; may accept experience in lieu of degree
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft SCCM/MECM;
- 1-3 years of experience packaging applications for Windows 10 platforms;
- Experience working in classified and/or unclassified environments with greater than 10,000 endpoints;
- Experience with scripting to include Powershell and VBScript;
- Experience packaging applications with various licensing models;
- Experience working in team environments;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must hold an Interim Secret Clearance to start work.
- Must be able to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
- Experience supporting Department of State Customer;
- 5+ years of experience working on Microsoft SCCM/MECM;
- Experience supporting environments with 50,000+ endpoints;
- Experience with Microsoft Operating System Deployment (OSD) to include Task Sequences and WIMs.
Target salary range: $145,001 - $155,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.