The SAIC Corporate Information Technology Office is hiring a Technical Cyber Operations Planner (TCOP) in Reston, VA. This position has the potential to be remote. The TCOP will be a subject matter expert (SME) for the review, assessment, and validation of the cybersecurity posture for digital technology and digital transformation , M&A discovery, and assessment due diligence activities along with adhoc C-Suite requests for securing data, processes, technology, and people for the business, our clients, and supply chain. The TCOP is responsible for bridging the gap between validating the security controls that are currently put into place and what digital technology will be required in the future for the Enterprise.
Job Objectives and Expectations for the Role:
- The Sr Principal Technical Cyber Ops Planner (TCOP) is responsible for assessment, validation and oversight of technology production support, release management, vulnerability management and other tasks performed by ITO or the business line, and other task as assigned by the C-Suite or the Cyber Security Sr Manager.
- The TCOP position performs these tasks consistent with a BE Cybersecurity framework of periodic assessment activities that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology that protects SAIC’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer data and other digital assets.
- Ensures alignment with applicable data, system and application management protection objectives in environments with complex configurations and rapidly changing requirements.
- Reviews data storage methods, existing security protocols and data storage operations and assess relevant data to identify potential security weaknesses.
- Produces reports and recommendations for management to address digital and data security issues.
- Works to implement new security protocols throughout all applicable departments and includes promoting a security awareness culture in their workplace so that data security is integrated into the business operations throughout the company.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards for different SAIC ITO, Corporate functions, Customer Groups, Service Lines and customers.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provides guidance to more junior team members to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect organization.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Work is performed without direct supervision.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Understands that completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective for desired results.
- Understands the effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization.
- Understands that errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
- Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Hands-on experience implementing, deploying and maintaining security tools to enhance the network and endpoint security posture.
- Experience in enterprise security technologies encompassing design, implementation and support.
- Certifications in and/or training in CISSP / CRISC, CCSP and / or Intrusion Detection, Pen Testing and General Network Defense.
- 6+ years of experience in supporting intrusion detection and prevention technologies or application and database-specific security technologies.
- Experience assisting other system engineering teams with projects, as a direct participant.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills for internal and external customers, partners and services.
- Experience in engineering enterprise security solutions for medium and large organizations. The candidate must have strong network engineering background and be well-versed in network topologies and technologies.
- Experience leading engineering designs as a security subject matter expert for the deployment of multiple security tools and services.
- Proven experience performing market analysis and perform analysis of alternatives for commercial off the shelf solutions during product selection.
- Experience researching and resolving complex problems that require architectural and/or engineering redesign.
- Experience Identifying client needs and design; implementing solutions, including writing recommendations and specifying equipment requirements.
- Experience in the design, deployment and maintenance of multiple enterprise security solutions and will report to the corporate Information Technology Office Cyber Security Directorate.
- Experience with engineering security solutions that may include, but not limited to, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities.
- Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Certifications and/or training in Intrusion Detection, Pen Testing and General Network Defense.
- Experience in the direct deployment and maintenance of other security products.
- Experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) and database security hardening.
- Experience in programming and/or scripting, especially common web development languages.
- Experience with architecting and engineering solutions for Datacenter deployments.
- Experience with cloud technologies, specifically public cloud security deployments.
Target salary range: $145,001 - $155,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.