Job ID: 211800
Location: OMAHA, NE, United States
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2021
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are looking for candidates passionate about craftsmanship, teamwork, and delivering user capability to join SAIC supporting the Air Force weather community on the Technology Application Development & Sustainment (TADS) contract.
Cyber Security Engineers will design, develop, and maintain software systems from science to operations within an empowered, cross-functional team. Work within and across practices and organizations to provide leading-edge technology or application solutions that result in meeting DoD Security standards, where the focus is on development and delivery. Interfaces with the government security managers and users on technical issues. Constructs, installs, and implements products or complex technology or application solutions for a unit or organization. Provides design and technical support on services/products solutions, utilizing current and emerging technologies. Provides technical presentations to internal and external clients.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Growth Mindset
• Servant Leadership
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or Data Science and 5+ years of applicable experience
• Experience with programming languages such as Java, React, Python
• Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
• Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures.
• Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization. Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers' requirements.
• Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
• Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.\
• Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
• Applies know-how to Government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Theory of Constraints)
• Experience with configuration management tools (Git, Mercurial, ...)
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery concepts and enabling tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Ansible
• Familiarity with service based standards such as REST and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Services (OWS)
• Testing tools (e.g. Junit, Selenium, jMeter)
• Code quality tools (e.g. Sonar, Cast)
• Static scanning (e.g. Fortify)
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• CompTIA Security+, Network+, CSSLP, or equivalent
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with 557th Weather Wing
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.