Job ID: 211790
Location: OMAHA, NE, United States
Date Posted: Feb 16, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Hardware Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are looking for candidates passionate about craftsmanship, teamwork, and delivering user capability to join SAIC supporting the Air Force weather community on the Technology Application Development & Sustainment (TADS) contract.
The successful candidate will provide hands on experience designing, purchasing, installing, configuring, and maintaining enterprise hardware assets.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Growth Mindset
• Servant Leadership
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years experience
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
• Direct technicians, engineering designers or other technical support personnel as needed.
• Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
• Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
• Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
• Provide training and support to system designers and users.
• Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
• Select hardware and material, assuring compliance with specifications and product requirements.
• Specify power supply requirements and configuration, drawing on system performance expectations and design specifications.
• Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
• Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, analyzing and recording test data.
• Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
• Familiarity with Cloud computing and open source solutions
• Advanced Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems and Administration
• Must have good communication skills, readily and agreeably work in a team environment
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Theory of Constraints)
• Ability to support 24x7 on-call rotation
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• CompTIA Security+, Network+, CSSLP, or equivalent
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with 557th Weather Wing
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.