Job ID: 211646
Location: SILVER SPRING, MD, United States
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Azure Cloud Architect to join our team for an exciting and challenging opportunity with SAIC.
The Senior Azure Cloud Architect must have experience in the management of small, high performance technical teams working in development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments. Must have significant in depth understanding of and experience with the creation of and use of cloud based resources; as well as the migration of legacy systems to cloud. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Must have extensive experience taking in program requirements and be able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
Experienced in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project. Is responsible for dictating design choices to software and system solution developers, including but not limited to: platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Oversees the development of all Cloud Architecture services for the client. Has extensive software and hardware development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages as well as development and deployment platforms.
• Leads a Cloud Architecture technical team, overseeing all of the team’s technical tasks, requirements and deliverables.
• Works with the Cloud Architecture and Development team to make sure they understand and support all client processes and milestones.
• Identifies opportunities for follow-on business and assists in creating change orders.
• Leads or supports delivery of advisory services, strategic planning activities, and business case development within the assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application / storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes / operations / governance. Mentors junior architects on advisory services delivery.
• Assumes a leadership position and performs responsibilities including Portfolio solution proposal management, solution design, solution review, risk analysis, proposal preparation and client presentations.
• Provides technical oversight for or develops technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
• Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center resources to lead or support the technical portion of the bid process including design reviews, bid reviews, portfolio component selection, development case definition and system integration approach.
• Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analysis.
• Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
• Refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior architects.
• Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
• Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the engagement.
• Coordinates architect resources on all sized projects to develop the infrastructure architecture.
• Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques.
Service Delivery Responsibilities
- Bachelors, Master’s Degree or equivalent required (to qualify for minimum GSA requirements).
- Fifteen (15) + years of experience.
Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities.
Architect or developer certifications in Azure cloud technologies.
Experience delivering solutions to major Federal Programs.
Experience with Cloud Managements Platform highly preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.