SAIC is looking for a Statistician Principal to support the NASA SMAEC team in Houston, TX.
- Provide Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) skills to NASA to support the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE), which oversees the oil and gas industries, including:
- Support the development and maintenance of an integrated Drilling Risk Quantitative R&M database and document the work performed.
- Provide system modeling and data analysis expertise to the development of off-shore drilling PRA models and reduction and application of probability data.
- Support Human Reliability Analysis (HRA) modeling and provide HRA expertise supporting the oil and gas drilling operations PRA.
- Perform analyses and trades utilizing the PRA model to support risk informed BSEE regulation development.
- Support PRA results, analysis, and briefings, and assist in development and maintenance of PRA modeling instruction, guidelines, and standards.
- Significant amount of hands-on experience developing models of complex drilling systems and operations, including environmental factors, human actions and human factors.
- Possess detailed knowledge of all drilling hardware/software, interfaces, operating environments, design margins, safety features, operational procedures (nominal and contingency), potential failure modes/operator errors and impacts to integrated drilling operations.
- Ability to perform analysis of empirical operational failure data to provide accurate estimates of hardware and integrated system reliability.
- Ability to perform trade studies to optimize the design and operation of drilling operations and serve as a consultant or expert advisor for proposed new regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal management oversight, to prioritize work and accomplish tasks within tight schedule constraints
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and condense complex issues into concise, easily understood presentations
- Ability to generate high quality written technical reports and prepare and give high quality technical presentations for senior management and the customer
- Proficient in the use of Excel and other statistical tools
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years of experience; OR Masters and seven (7) years of experiecnce; OR PhD and four (4) years of experience.
- Recognized subject matter expert in the highly specialized field of quantitative risk analysis of complex, hazardous oil and gas drilling operations.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Previous SAPHIRE experience
- Previous Human Reliability Analysis experience
- Previous experience performing root cause analysis
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.