Job ID: 211577
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Systems Safety Engineer Principal to support the NASA SMAEC Program in Houston, TX.
Perform engineering assessments and analyses on the International Space Station, Commercial Vehicles (manned and unmanned) payloads and experiments that are flown on International (e.g. Progress or Soyuz) or commercial vehicles (SpaceX, CST-100):
1) Identify and quantify risk;
2) Assure compliance with NASA safety requirements;
3) Provide detailed reports and recommendations for mitigation strategies;
4) Prepare and present technical presentations;
5) Participate in Safety Panel Reviews
6) Review flight documents, operational scenarios, and subsequent changes for safety impact;
7) Participate in associated meetings,
8) Provide real-time and post-flight engineering support for flight anomaly investigations;
9) Work with customers - NASA, Space Station contractors, and International Partners.
Desired Education & Experience:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.