SAIC is seeking to hire a Senior System Safety & Reliability Engineer to support NASA’s human spaceflight programs at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX.
- Provide expertise in the application of system safety and reliability analyses in support of NASA’s human spaceflight programs including, but not limited to, the Commercial Crew, Orion Multipurpose Crewed Vehicle, and Gateway Programs
- Develop and utilize system safety and reliability analysis such as hazard analysis, FMEA, RBDA, FTA, HRA and PRA to assess ground support and spaceflight hardware, software, pre-launch, in-flight and post landing recovery operations to identify hazards and quantify risk of designated operations, conditions or events related to planned human spaceflight missions
- Perform reliability data analysis, including the collection, classification and validation of data used to model and predict the reliability of complex spaceflight systems and crew operations under extreme environmental conditions
- Provide system modeling and data analysis expertise to develop reliability and probabilistic risk assessment models, and the reduction and application of probability data, including development of early flight adjustment factors
- Coordinate with spaceflight hardware/software developers and operators to collect failure and operations related data necessary to model spaceflight systems
- Provide modeling and data analysis for design and operational trade studies to support risk informed decision making
- Document assessment/analysis results in formal reports and present findings and recommendations to senior management
- Provide technical assessments of System Safety, Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) products and processes developed/used by NASA contractors and hardware providers
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years of experience; Masters and seven (7) years of experience; PhD and four (4) years of experience.
- Knowledgeable on various statistical analysis methodologies, tools and techniques including their proper application and limitation
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to pass a NASA background check to get access to NASA facilities and IT systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work effectively across multiple organizations / stakeholders and within a teaming environment to get results
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal management oversight, to prioritize work and accomplish tasks within tight schedule constraints
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and condense complex issues into concise, easily understood presentations
- Ability to generate high quality written technical reports and prepare and give high quality technical presentations for senior management and the NASA customer
- Proficient in the use of Excel and other statistical tools
- Previous SAPHIRE experience
- Previous Human Reliability Analysis experience
- Previous experience performing root cause analysis
- Bachelors in Engineering, Science (Physics), Mathematics, or Statistics, and 10 years or more experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.