Job ID: 211658
Location: VIENNA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently seeking candidates for a Cyber Security Threat Hunter - Tier II SOC Analyst, supporting one of our federal customers in Vienna, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a key team of cyber security professionals here at SAIC, supporting full life cycle cyber security operations for our customer. We are seeking an individual that can bring security analysis and incident response experience to support daily operations and help grow and mature our current SOC environment. As a Cyber Threat Hunter you will be responsible for participating in threat actor based investigations, creating new detection methodologies, and provided expert support to incident response and monitoring functions. The focus of the Threat Hunter is to detect, disrupt and the eradication of threat actors from enterprise networks. To execute this mission, the Threat Hunter will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies. You will also directly support the Security Operations Center by applying analytic and technical skills to investigate intrusions, identify malicious activity and potential insider threats, and perform incident response.
• General SIEM monitoring, analysis, content development, and maintenance.
• Research, analysis, and response for alerts; including log retrieval and documentation.
• Conduct analysis of network traffic and host activity across a wide array of technologies and platforms.
• Assist in incident response activities such as host triage and retrieval, malware analysis, remote system analysis, end-user interviews, and remediation efforts.
• Compile detailed investigation and analysis reports for internal SOC consumption and delivery to management.
• Track threat actors and associated tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
• Capture intelligence on threat actor TTPs and develop countermeasures in response to threat actors.
• Analyze network traffic, IDS/IPS/DLP events, packet capture, and FW logs.
• Analyze malicious campaigns and evaluate effectiveness of security technologies.
• Develop advanced queries and alerts to detect adversary actions.
• Coordinate threat hunting activities across the network leveraging intelligence from multiple internal and external sources, as well as cutting- edge security technologies.
• Design and build custom tools for investigations, hunting, and research.
• Assist in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new security technologies.
• Lead response and investigation efforts into advanced/targeted attacks.
• Hunt for and identify threat actor groups and their techniques, tools and processes.
• Identify gaps in IT infrastructure by mimicking an attacker’s behaviors and responses.
• Provide expert analytic investigative support of large scale and complex security incidents.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis of security incidents for further enhancement of alert catalog.
• Continuously improve processes for use across multiple detection sets for more efficient Security Operations.
• Review alerts generated by detection infrastructure for false positive alerts and modify alerts as needed.
• Develop dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity, malware, etc.
• Provide forensic analysis of network packet captures, DNS, proxy, Netflow, malware, host-based security and application logs, as well as logs from various types of security sensors.
• A passion for research, and uncovering the unknown about internet threats and threat actors.
• Ensure the SOC analyst team is providing excellent customer service and support.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.