We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated, career and customer service oriented Help Desk Analyst to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC in Oak Ridge TN.
- The qualified applicant will provide Tier II help desk support to users unable to resolve tech issues that exceed Tier 1 level support.
- The candidate must provide creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction and productivity. Coordinate customer and support issues to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and productivity ensuring a positive impact on customer satisfaction. Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant product offering, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Consults with users to determine if existing hardware/software is in spec required to support functionality for system effectiveness given the existing network environment.
- Recommends and oversees the installation of required hardware/software upgrades necessary to restore or enhance user system functionality.
- Engages in testing and modification of user systems in support of eventual recommendation and implementation for hardware or software updates.
- As necessary, simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Creates documentation in support of the maintenance of a document library of completed deliverables. These will be maintained to track performance metrics and log actions taken to address user/interoperability issues that impact client operations. Responsible for updating documentation across the team and utilizing operationally derived knowledge from actual cases resolved.
- Creates and maintains documentation specific to the analysis of user equipment configuration for the project; submits regular documentation covering required configurations and impact to network and user functionality due to lack thereof.
- Consults with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development in the restoration of services or to identify and correct core problems.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Must be US Citizen
- Comprehensive knowledge in Information Technology service delivery
- A+ Certification or higher required HDI or ITIL certifications desired
- Must possess at least 2 years relevant work experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Network or Systems Engineering, Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, from an accredited university.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.