- Responsible for installing, monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to communications networks in a large telecommunications facility environment (includes data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers, data terminal equipment, commercial leases and transmission media).
- Responsible for performing proactive monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
- Responsible for providing Tier II Operational Support to the classified network systems and components in support of the Department of State classified networks. Acts as the escalation point to Tier III Engineering staff.
- Responsible for performing capability checks and operational handoff for all Change Requests in support of the GTS Change Management Program/Process.
- Responsible for serving as Essential Personnel in the GTS 24x7x365 Network Service Center, so shift work is required. Current opening is for Evening Shift (3pm – 11pm) and shifts run Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday.
Fredom to Act: Minimal supervision should be required for potential candidates.
Liason: Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of importance to the function of the department or which may be a sensitive nature.
Required Education & Experience
AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; OR, High School and seven (7) years related experience.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Certifications
- Experience in one or more of the following: Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst routing and switching, data center cabling maintenance
- Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of various network hardware and software, primarily Cisco catalyst and Cisco Nexus switching and routing technologies
- Knowledge of cabling standards, fiber optic and copper cable termination.
- Experience with network monitoring applications such as NeuralStar or other similar monitoring tools
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Must hold a Top Secret Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.