SAIC is hiring a Logistics Principal for a key role supporting the US Navy in Crane, IN. The Logistics Analyst performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems. Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between points of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
Note: This position offers temporary work from home/ remote/ virtual work as part of a virtual team due to COVID-19. This position also has the potential for full time remote or telework. Preferred work location will be onsite in (Crane, IN).
This position is contingent. Maritime EW Hardware experience required.
- Collect, research, and analyze source data and validation of source data based on predefined and developed assumptions
- Perform LMI activities in accordance to the ILS master schedule, synoptic outlines, validation/verification plans, Logistic Demonstrations/Maintenance Demonstration (LD/MD) plans, LSA Plans and Technical Manual Plans.
- Maintain current knowledge of government requirements and state-of-the-art techniques for military LMI; develops and recommends modifications to processes; responds to inquiries concerning LMI practices and procedures.
- Deliver LMI in the customer’s standard format for assigned projects or programs.
- Recommend program-specific guidelines for LMI data entry based on customer tailoring of requirements and military specifications.
- Identify and perform detailed task analysis for moderately complex operation, maintenance and troubleshooting tasks.
- Design, normalize, develop, install and modify databases.
- Maintain, monitor, tune, and perform backup/recovery of databases.
- Install, configure, and maintain database management systems software.
- Perform analysis for planning anticipated changes in database design based on ECPs.
- Develop and run stored procedures.
- Develop and implement data mining and data analysis.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- High school/GED and fourteen (14) years of related experience or Associates and twelve (12) years of related experience or Bachelor's Degree and ten (10) years of related experience or Master’s Degree and eight (8) year of related experience (will consider experience in lieu of degree). Concentration in Finance, Accounting or business related discipline preferred.
- Maritime EW Hardware Experience required.
- 2+ years of Program Control or related experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable Military Standards used for development of LMI data preferred.
- Experience with reviewing system support requirements, determination and maintenance of tools and test equipment and spares tracking and management, and review of maintenance and support planning documents for technical adequacy preferred.
- Ability to read engineering drawing, schematics, and technical information preferred.
- Ability to define and/ or forecast support requirements preferred.
- Familiar with logistics design influence preferred.
- Familiar with automated test equipment and fault isolation techniques preferred.
- Skilled with LMI related software (SLICWave desired) and/or other relational database experience preferred.
- Strong experience with MS Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Able to conduct external/internal customer meetings, validations/verifications, log demos, LSA/LSAR reviews, in-process reviews, etc.
- Military experience, previous/current logistics experience or strong technical background.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must be able to obtain or possess a Secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.