Job ID: 211526
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2021
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC Team SOTL located in Reston, VA is looking to hire a talented systems engineer who is interested in building the next generation software solutions in support of SAIC's Strategy, Growth, and Innovation. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated fast learner with a passion for creating great software and desire to work in a team environment. The right individual will have a strong grasp of systems engineering concepts, the ability to think critically about problem solving, and the desire, initiative, and drive to expand their professional expertise.
• Envision, design, and apply creative and innovative system solutions to best achieve requirements and objectives
• Work effectively with other engineers, project managers, subject matter experts, and clients
• Be a productive member of a fast-paced agile team
• Participate in end-to-end launch of software application products
• Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to co-develop product roadmaps and define customer requirements.
• Decompose requirements into actionable “User Stories” and “Tasks” to be completed by the product delivery team.
• Assist with system verification and regression tests associated with agile software deployments.
• Identify, investigate, and document software issues that arise during development and testing.
• Participate and occasionally lead product demonstrations, retrospectives, and planning meetings.
• Participate in maintaining, prioritizing, and refining of the product backlog throughout the development lifecycle of software application products.
• Stay current with technology as well as government/policy impacts and industry best practices.
• B.S. or higher in engineering, computer science, or other relevant technical area
• U.S. citizen and ablility to obtain a Secret Clearance
Desired Soft Skills:
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to execute assignments with little supervision and actively participate in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with internal and external project stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate clearly and present information to the customer in a format they can understand.
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and build system expertise over time
Desired Technical Skills:
• Agile Software Development (e.g. ScrumMaster and/or Product Owner certification).
• Cloud Services (e.g. Amazon Web Service (AWS), Microsoft Azure)
• Atlassian Products (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
• Microsoft Office Products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Web Browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.