SAIC is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to provide support for our Quality Assurance (QA) team supporting the Network Integration Engineering Facility (NIEF) located in San Diego, CA. Responsibilities and knowledge required for the position include:
- Responsible for coordination and completion of tasks as assigned, and other duties specific to the NIEF QA team
- Maintain compliance with standards of the NIEF quality management system (QMS) for ISO 9001:2015
- Assists in the initiation and resolution of quality inspections including deviations, out of specifications, out of tolerances, facility incident notifications, corrective/preventive actions and/or non-compliances (NCs)
- Uses the configuration management tool, CMPro, to generate, track, and close work orders and deviations
- Review and inspect IUID labels and other IUID requirements
- Reads and Understands Engineering Drawings
- Ensures the implementation of performance targets set for the department
- Maintaining a high level of quality awareness throughout the organization through on the job and other regular training and system auditing
- Responsible for reviewing, assessing, tracking, following-up and completing quality inspections, investigations, CAPA, risk assessments, and action items
- Updates databases, prepares weekly metrics, identifies and communicates trending and tracking of Quality Events to supervisor
- Performs QA functions including review of production processes to ensure compliance with operating procedures and facilitate process improvements
- Responsible for supporting the audit by regulatory agencies and government inspections
- Follows applicable regulations, including ISO, and company policies and procedures
- Provide QA input and guidance during production of commercial product related to quality events and issue resolution
- Works with project planners to resolve common production issues
- Familiarity with defense communication systems projects to include scheduling, quality assurance, quality control, and risk management.
- Experience with coordination of calibration activities in a government environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- AA degree in related disipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience.
- 2+ years of experience with quality assurance, quality control, or other inspection or quality processes and procedures
- This position requires the ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance and then a Secret clearance. Must have an Interim Secret before you can start.
- Must be able to travel 10% or as required
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledgeable in Naval or DoD installation processes, practices, and procedures
- Mechanical or Electrical industry standard skillsets
- Familiarity with quality systems such as document control, vendor qualifications and CAPA
- Familiarity with CMPro
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.