Job ID: 211548
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Privacy
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Data Protection Architect to join our team. This person must have expert level practical experience with architecture and engineer of enterprise backup/recovery enviornment.
All Candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Job Description/ Primary Skills
· Technologist level practical experience with architecture and engineering of enterprise backup/recovery environments, minimum of 15+ years, over 20 years general IT experience
· Storage platforms -> how they integrate into backups
· Experience with disaster recovery processes, including design, creating run-books, as well as hands on experience of successfully executed DR exercises and or live production recovery events
· Experience with application architecture and design
· Experience with data management, data lifecycle and data security, encryption, data immutability, deduplication design, replication
· Guide for constantly new technologies
· Experience with private cloud:
· Strong Experience with backup platforms (at least one of: Veritas, Commvault, Spectrum Protect, Cohesity, Rubrik). Heavy hands on Commvault experience required, and more preferred.
· Experience with backup storage targets (as many as possible: Data Domain, NetApp, Isilon, Object Storage S3, BYO appliances, etc.)
· Experience with enterprise storage systems (object, file, block, containers)
Experience with VMWare backup
· Experience with public cloud:
· General experience with one of the following public clouds: AWS, Azure
· Experience with cloud native backups
· Experience with cloud storage technologies (EBS, persistent disk, S3, Blob)
· Experience with 3rd party backup platforms in public cloud
· Automation skills and agile methodology
Ansible or other automation languages
· Soft skills
· Presentation skills - ability to present complex concepts
· Detailed oriented
· Work and bring people together
· Someone who can lead actively - instead of passively waiting for direction
· “Train the trainer” abilities when adopting teams into new or a change of technology
Bachelor’s degree required, Master degree preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.