SAIC is seeking an innovative Lead TACNET Fleet Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA. Outstanding Team Leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
As the Team Lead, you will direct and support TACNET Fleet Engineers with their mission of providing superior technical assistance to Navy Fleet Customers. In addition to helping the team meet day-to-day operational requirements, you will part of part of strategic initiatives that allow the TACNET team to operate more efficiently/effectively, while aligning to the Navy’s continuous pursuit of achieving and maintaining optimal Mission Readiness. An individual successful in this role will demonstrate a balance of Leadership, and understanding of the Fleet Customer’s day-to-day operations and challenges, and be able to apply basic project management and business best practices/principles. They must be able to adapt with an ever evolving Fleet and be open to positive change.
This role will support the Tactical Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA). TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System Maritime (CENTRIXS-M), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive Compartmented Information Networks (SCI-N), Video Information Exchange System (VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC-PAC) PMW160 Programs of Record (POR) systems. Support is provided to United States Navy (USN) Fleet Users/Administrators.
Note: Able to travel up to 10% CONUS/OCONUS travel.
- Project management providing support, guidance, and direction to subject matter experts (SMEs) pertaining to distance support tasking and onsite technical assistance to US Navy ships for supported C4I systems (i.e., ADNS, CANES, ISNS, CENTRIX-M, SCI Networks, VIXS, and WRBS).
- Interface with Active Duty Military personnel and US Government employees to provide break/fix course of actions (COAs) pertaining to NAVWAR PMW160 fielded Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Motivating your Team and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Updating work schedules as required.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly reporting duties or as required.
- Occasional travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements.
- Provide occasional off-hours support.
- Collaborate with fellow leads on strategic initiatives to attain efficiencies and maximum effectiveness both within assigned functional area and across other functional areas.
- Read daily reports and view status boards to monitor task progress, make assessments, and provide way forward to ensure task scope requirements are met while adhering to scheduling constraints
- Monitor daily progress of SMEs to ensure acceptable levels of productivity.
- Provide mentorship and counseling to SMEs to support both technical and career growth.
- Partake in and/or conduct interviews of prospective SMEs.
- Partake in and/or perform annual evaluations of SMEs.
- Partake in and perform periodic technical performance evaluations of SMEs with the intent on growing technical competency in respective C4I system (i.e., ADNS, CANES, ISNS, CENTRIX-M, SCI Networks, VIXS, and WRBS).
- Work in cooperation with external stakeholders, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to develop workflows and processes, both internal to TACNET as well as cross-functional.
- Assist with developing SOPs and guides to facilitate repeatable processes and best practices.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the mentoring of entry-level employees to get them on the same level as the team.
- Exercise a combination of both problem-solving and innovation skills to attend to technical production challenges.
- At a high-level, be able to analyze issues in an enterprise LAN shipboard environment to determine the best course of action towards resolution.
- Review team assignments for accuracy and quality.
- Interface with US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining Navy Afloat networks and associated components and capabilities.
- Occasional travel to customer sites in support of engineering change requests or engineering proof-in events.
Required Education and Experience:
- 9 years of experience with TACNET Programs of Record Systems: ADNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, SCI Networks, VIXS OR WRBS with a HS/GED OR Bachelor's degree AND 5+ years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Active DOD SECRET and/or Top Secret /Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Current Security+, CISSP, or CASP certification.
- Current CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, VCP, or other OS certification.
- 5+ years of Network/Server/IT support within an enterprise environment.
- 2+ years of management/leadership experience in IT field.
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Work, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
- Project+ or PMP certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability