Support customer Mission Management Investment Portfolio (MMIP) that develops and directs technical engagements with external customers and stakeholders, and manages the delivery of products and information services. Provide a wide range of systems engineering and technical services to encompass requirements generation, program engineering oversight, transitioning and decommissioning (T&D) activities.
Task Activities :
- Collaborate across MMIP-funded organizations, providing integration support to assist with T&D activities identified and specified by the Government Lead MMIP Manager. Coordinate with other offices on validated requirements and the development of trade-offs, engineering analysis, risk assessments, and implementation methods.
- Evaluate Directorate’s proposed SIGINT methodologies against existing mission requirements set for accuracy, proper configuration principles and completeness. Design and assist in implementing process improvement methodologies to engineering teams and engineering management processes that focus on how to design, develop and manage complex systems over the life cycle.
- Serve as the lead technical expert in coordination and analysis of current JIRA tickets, and develop detailed way-ahead plans to enable process completion (requirement urgency, schedule and availability of resources). Work to discover the technical problems and help identify the most probable or highest impact failures that can occur, and work to mitigate with associate teams.
- Coordinate on internal technical actions, to include test and evaluation, engagement with both internal and external government and industry partners. Apply a keen focus to understanding and evaluating inputs and mission impacting considerations from Compliance, MERA, as well as the MMIP and applicable PEOs for technical scoping and resource concerns pertinent to technical strategy. Engage, assess and document external coordination.
- Support mission operations and capability development systems teams including Programs Managers, Technical Leads, Mission Leads, and Systems Engineers of MMIP systems with transitioning activities for legacy mission systems to replacement or newer technology systems and decommissioning systems which no longer provide needed functionality or which cannot continue to be sustained.
- Capture, define, and clarify user and system requirements as needed or system and process requirements derived from existing systems and processes. Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test validation and verification reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.