SAIC is seeking a Senior Environmental Analyst to join our team in support of work taking place at the U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia. Must possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.Note: This position does allow for some Remote / Virtual work due to COVID-19, but will ultimately be required to be 100% onsite in Norfolk, VA once restrictions are lifted for this location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform environmental analysis, typically in assessing, analyzing, researching and ensuring environmental policy compliance with pertinent Federal, state and local environmental regulations, including: Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Clean Air Act (CAA), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Develop, articulate, communicate, and implement natural resource and environmental planning program policy, guidance, compliance efforts, and strategic planning initiatives.
- Analyze the implications of new and proposed plans, policies, regulations, and legislation for the Fleet environmental planning and natural resource programs.
- Support resourcing efforts (developing and defending requirements) via the Navy budgeting process.
- Support design and management of environmental compliance tools (e.g., geographic information system (GIS) based mitigation program, educational/training materials) for the Fleet.
- Analyze impact of stressors from USN in water training and testing activities on marine resources and generate required regulatory reports on environmental compliance.
- Review, analyze, and prepare USN environmental planning and compliance documents (e.g., NEPA EIS, EO 12114 Overseas EIS (OEIS), ESA BA, MMPA LOA, Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA), Consistency Determination (CD), Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act (MSFCMA), Essential Fish Habitat Assessments (EFHA)) for accuracy and completeness.
- Other duties as designated in support of environmental training operations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Policy/Management, Related Natural Resources Sciences or equivalent field of study and 6 years’ experience; or a Master’s degree in a similar discipline and 4 years’ experience.
- Minimum of three 3 to 5 years of relevant experience analyzing /interpreting proposed and new federal and state laws, regulations, and natural resource management policy. Knowledge of primary environmental laws, regulations, statutes, and DoN and DoD policies applicable to USN training activities, (e.g., NEPA, ESA, MMPA, CZMA, EO 12114, MSFCMA).
- Knowledge of the implications of natural resources on regulatory compliance.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary team that include preparing and reviewing environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, field studies, and surveys to support regulatory compliance.
- Experience analyzing implications of ecological research on marine mammals, fish, and other protected species to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and natural resource management policy applicable to naval training exercises. Knowledge of modeling of acoustic effects of sonar, explosives, or munitions on the marine environment.
- Must possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.