Job ID: 211199
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2021
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Program Manager to join our team and begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
The Senior Program Manager, DOI position will support the mission of across all DOI Bureaus, to include but not limited to DOI HQ, U.S. Geological Survey, Bureaus of Indian Affairs; specific duties the individual will perform under the contract; and complementary specialty skill and experience areas such as IDIQ/Task Order contracting, project/task management, systems/IT architecture, various cloud vendor but not limited to Microsoft and Amazon Web services (AWS) migration, scientific, and technical services.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of cross-cutting programs to understand associated with the USGS core science and technology programs, including Core Science Systems; Ecosystems; Energy and Minerals; Natural Hazards; Water Resources; and other programs. The candidate must be passionate about making a difference and will be responsible for leading a team of scientists, engineers, researchers, analysts, and subject matter experts in support of the USGS mission requirements.
The candidate will primarily support USGS’s scientific mission by: providing reliable scientific information to describe and understand the earth; minimize loss of life and property from natural disasters; manage water, biological, energy, and mineral resources; and enhance and protect our quality of life, knowledge of USGS’ UAS initiatives is a plus. General areas of science and technical support services required include: administrative; program management services; research/science; data and information management; computer systems administration, operations, and maintenance; geospatial applications; modeling and associated technologies; web and database applications; and technical project management. Support also includes collection, monitoring, analysis, and providing scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues, and problems.
The candidate will have diverse scientific expertise to support the planning and execution of large-scale, multi-disciplinary investigations that provide impartial scientific information to resource managers, planners, and other customers.
• Customer single point of contact for all contract, technical, administrative, and contractual aspects of the IDIQ contract. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other stakeholders involved in the projects.
• Interface with contract personnel to determine viable ways to grow existing contracts and develop new leads.
• Responsible for the staffing, management, quality, and performance of all task orders under the IDIQ contract. Analyzes requirements, determines appropriate support configuration, assigns responsibilities, sets deadlines, establishes costs, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
• Provides personnel oversight and management, including support of the recruitment, hiring, and performance of all supervisory duties necessary to maintain qualified staff to complete task orders used under this contract.
• Supports the training and career development; assuring conformance with Government security requirements; assisting in the maintenance of a safe and secure environment; and providing information and assistance to employees regarding benefits.
• Develop contacts in order to initiate opportunities to explore new business that will support the customers mission through SAIC’s offerings.
• Serves as a technical subject matter resource and/or lead in qualified areas of expertise.
• Assist in company strategy development, budgets, office management, and financial management requirements.
• Knowledge of standard project management practices and methodologies.
• Communicating effectively with employees at all levels within the company and government.
• Knowledge of the functions, duties, and procedures necessary to be performed in contract capture.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelors degree and 18 years or more related experience in physical science, business, or a related field.
• Experience managing projects for Federal agencies. DOI experience is a Plus.
• Demonstrated project or contract management skills to successfully execute task orders using multi-disciplinary staff across geographically dispersed project locations.
• Technical expertise in systems/IT infrastructure, scientific, or technical services.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
• Well-developed verbal and technical report writing skills.
• Ability to work in a team–oriented environment.
• Hands-on knowledge and experience supporting the Department of Interior and USGS mission requirements
• Working knowledge of standard office computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Ability to pass a government-administered background investigation in order to be granted access to government IT systems.
• Master’s degree and 16 years or more experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• 5 years of experience managing IDIQ contracts for Federal customers
• 3 plus years' experience working with USGS supporting the mission of U.S. Geological Survey
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.