Job ID: 211191
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an Optical Engineer to provide technical leadership and support a Government acquisition. This role provides technical expertise applied across the optical payload development life cycle from concept design through vehicle delivery.
• Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
• Requires a Masters in Optical or Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics, with 10 or more years relevant, work related experience.
• Aerospace systems engineering expertise
• Strong proficiency in standard design tools applied to optical and mechanical design
• Demonstrated performance working in a high visibility position that requires self-motivation; strong technical and leadership background
• Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, for interactions with military and government civilian personnel
• DoD and NRO Space experience
• A PhD in Optical or Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics, with 15 or more years relevant, work related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.