SAIC is hiring on the METIS program for a Systems Engineer to work with the SMC Portfolio Architect and SMC Senior Engineer to focus on developing roadmaps and architectures aligned with future science and technology capabilities.
The candidate shall provide systems engineering, architectures, and road mapping support to shape the future of the United States Space Force (USSF) Enterprise Architecture. The candidate shall work side by side with SMC personnel in the performance of engineering tasks applying critical thinking concerning solutions to current threat environments for National Security Space (NSS) customers. The candidate shall provide active participation in critical technologies and defense industrial base management for NSS with experience in cross-domain architectures to meet the goal of Portfolio Architect’s cross-enterprise architecting and analysis efforts, providing high quality decision support products to the SMC and USSF senior decision makers for the space acquisition enterprise. The position is full time on-site at LA AFB.
- Provide Systems of Systems (SoS) Engineering Management functionality guided by the SMC Chief Engineer or equivalent - this will provide for the SMC Director’s technical oversight of all processes and products within SMC
- Conduct SoS engineering management analysis and provide the control of SMC engineering processes to ensure disciplined processes are in place and pedigreed and highly credible products are being generated within SMC
- Perform cross-mission area architecture development through the identification of potential synergies and efficiencies across multiple mission areas based off of existing roadmaps and System Program Directorate developed to-be architectures
- Evaluate and characterize the known trade-space and ensure requirements mapping of newly developed enterprise-level cross-mission area architectures
- Develop candidate architectures that resolve common functions into common/enterprise solutions and reduce the cost associated with acquiring and maintaining multiple systems to achieve the same function
- Support defining strategic and operational-level strategy, developing associated architectures, and executing analysis processes to enable risk-informed investment decisions across the NSS enterprise to enable continued application of joint warfighter and National Command Authority effects in, through, and from space
- Apply DOD acquisition and management policies, principles, and instructions
- Analyze space enterprise future mission requirements; create technology road mapping, and identify and plan transition opportunities into programs of record and commercialization
- Prepare draft briefings, reports, trip reports, or papers as appropriate to document meeting results, discussions or evaluation results
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (EE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), or equivalent Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Experience in systems engineering, systems of systems engineering, family of systems engineering, architectures, and road mapping
- Experience developing acquisition strategies
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in requirements development as part of the systems engineering, architecting, road mapping, and integration process
- Experience in space systems and national security, with a focus in developing roadmaps and architectures that are clearly aligned with future science and technology capabilities.
- Current/Active TS/SCI
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering (EE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), or equivalent Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Familiarization with major space-faring agencies in the United States
- Experience working with military and other government representatives, FFRDC (e.g. Aerospace) representatives, and SMC’s prime contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors
- DOD program office experience with understanding of DOD acquisition process and compliance with government instructions
- Experience with technical mentorship
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.