Job ID: 211147
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is hiring a Deskside Support Technician to support HHS in Washington, DC.
• The Desktop technician will provide ongoing support to Executives and employees across the enterprise including White Glove Deskside End User Support, IT Asset Management (ITAM), Network Printer, and MDM Support for our Executive Customer.
• In this role you will be a key member of the Deskside Support Team that resolves, tracks, and manages escalated technical problems within ServiceNow as requested via phone, email, and internet chat to fulfill these responsibilities. Tier 2 team members may also be asked to contribute to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered and recommended resolutions and work on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems across HHS and partner sites.
• Support end user iPhones and iPads using the Microsoft InTune Mobile Device Management solution
• Perform Active Directory account management implementation and administration
• Perform Microsoft Exchange/Office365 end user support and/or administration
• Perform Microsoft Windows 10 end user laptop OS imaging and support
• Provide end user support for HSPD-12 PIV cards and certificates.
• Install, connect to the network and maintain all computer hardware including PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, peripherals, and telephones
• Install and maintain computer software on users’ devices such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, Antivirus and Malware protection
• Conduct user training on approved software and hardware on an as required basis
• Perform incident response and client response coordination for hardware and other IT Operations related failures
• Contribute to continual service improvement by assisting with Standard Operations Procedures creation, maintenance and compliance
• Perform routine IT system administration, including health checks and supporting incident resolution
• Perform asset inventories by identifying and labeling IT equipment according to documented standards and update inventory control systems as required.
• Ensure deliverables to internal customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
• On occasion, may perform off-hours maintenance and deployments for system releases and/or provide 24x7 support to maintain service availability or to meet customer SLAs.
• Follow the path of escalated contacts to insure the problems are resolved in timely and effective ways to the satisfaction of the administrator.
• Perform root-cause analysis on escalated issues.
• Create documentation to assist other departments with further analysis of technical issues.
• Create Knowledge Base Documents to assist Level 1 in resolving repetitive issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• A+, Net+ desired
• HDI Certification(s)
• Advanced knowledge of network printing environments
Required Skills and Experience:
• H.S. Diploma and 2+ years of relevant experience and solid knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows 10), and PC and peripheral hardware
• Must be able and willing to work within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem- solving skills
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.